• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unlucky New Zealand Players?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Who are some of the unlucker New Zealand players?

I think Matt Sinclair and Lance Hamilton would have to be a couple

Kimbo

International Debutant
Matt Sinclair is a mug. I think that in some cases he could be included- against crap teams like bangladesh... he will rip up a poor attack, but against a class side he is shown up for what he really is (just a good eye)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really rate Lance Hamilton, there are bowlers higher up the pecking order than he is. I was told he was quick, but when i saw him he looked pretty slow.

I'd say at this stage that Hitchcock, Mills, Franklin, O'Connor & Yovich are all ahead of him.

As far as Sinclair is concerned, he's got talent but until he starts shifting his feet he will always have a poor average against the better teams, despite scoring 3 big centuries against Pakistan, West Indies & South Africa who all have good bowlers.

As for unlucky players, I don't really think there are any in NZ right now, they've all been given a chance & either succeeded or failed. Maybe Gary Stead, who had a few good test matches for NZ.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Matt Sinclair needs to improve his technique and footwork big time if he needs to get selected , he has proven to be a good player at times , but needs to work hard to get somewhere like most times

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I like Matt Sinclair, I've met him.
Doesn't make him good though, does it?! You've met me...

As said earlier, he's poor technically and and all he has is 'a good eye'. Good enough to impress in the Yorkshire Premier League but not at Test Level..

Kimbo

International Debutant
sinclair is never gonna make it. he said himself that he didn't think footwork was important... :I :undecided: