• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Harbhajan Singh?

What do you think of Harbhajan Singh?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
As the poll states (it will apear a few minutes after this thread is posted :p). The idea is to get an honest opinion of what people think of him. Remember forum rules and all that, so no trolling or baiting that will make this turn ugly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rather a head of the old dick, I think it's fair to say.

Aggressive, mendacious & (as a documentary made in NZ showed with his conduct with immigration officials) something of the **** when dealing with the public too.

Craig

World Traveller
Andy not voting for the obvious Simpsons quote as the last option? That has to be a first.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If he was not so full of himself and was modest enough to take the advise of senior spinners like Prasanna (who is on record as saying that he has no intention to give any advise unless it is asked for), he had the potential to be an all time great. Today, he is reduced to being the second best off spinner of his own time and the gap between him and the number one is staggering.

Limited over cricket, bowling to contain rather than take wickets, listening to the unending media hype in India where he is treated like royalty has stunted the development of this chap who had so much potential ...

Its unfortunate that the limited success he has had has been enough for him to remain in the limelight and he has never realised that he could be a far greater bowler if only he knew he wasn't great..... its too late now I think.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quite an annoying man. Hayden and Ponting seem pretty arrogant, but i imagine if you met them they'd be reasonably cordial. Harbs strikes me as someone who's not only arrogant but also not very nice. He's not someone i hate, but i suspect if i knew him he'd be someone that i'd try my best to keep away from whenever possible.

The Djibril Cisse of cricket. "Weed" was actually a very apt description.

His bowling is neither good enough nor bad enough to warrant discussion. Definitely test-class but not much more.

jondavluc

State Regular
Well I'm an Andrew Symonds fanboy (As you can tell by my Avatar) I pretty sure everyone knows the answer to that.Still I think I will choose 4 .:ph34r:

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he is a superb Test and ODI bowler. He keeps it extremely tight in ODI cricket and is highly underrated for the superb job he does in keeping it tight with an economy of 4.22 and yet, takes enough wickets, with a wicket every 46.7 balls. In Test cricket, he does a good job of bowling a great deal of overs per innings, keeping it tight or taking wickets, and in the process resting Ishant and Zaheer.

As a person, he is a ****, but he is a criminally underrated bowler.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Far more arrogant than he should be. I remember when KP clean bowled him and he wouldn't walk, and said "**** you" to Pietersen. sure, many cricketers wanna say that to KP, but you've been bowled mate, move on

OnDrive

Cricket Spectator
I met him once at an airport, and he came across more as a fratboy than 'weed'.
As for him being annoying to the opposition, I don't mind that one bit. It takes all kinds, and a team full of Rahul Dravid like people would make for very low TRP ratings.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Far more arrogant than he should be. I remember when KP clean bowled him and he wouldn't walk, and said "**** you" to Pietersen. sure, many cricketers wanna say that to KP, but you've been bowled mate, move on
Yeh, that was bizarre. He must have thought that the keeper took off the bails and then just stood around looking stupid and dumbfounded when he realised it was not the case.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, he probably did think the keeper took the bails which would make his not wanting to walk look understandable, but when he told Pietersen FU then he just looked like a prize tool

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah, he probably did think the keeper took the bails which would make his not wanting to walk look understandable, but when he told Pietersen FU then he just looked like a prize tool
hahaha.. i remember that one... another example of Harbhjan making himself look like an idiot.

Arrogant ****... don't like him very much.