• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kevin Pietersen

Langeveldt

Soutie
Interesting comments from the former England captain, thoughts?

"I'm ready to do a Robinho and disappear back home."
The stress of the last few months gets to Kevin Pietersen as he plans to emulate the Brazilian footballer

Mar 28, 2009

Seems that whenever the going gets tough, the chip stack gets low or whatever else you want to call failure happens, he wants to cry off on the plane, sounds strangely familiar.. How can you make comments like that?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would you take him back if he wanted to do his pennace and play for South Africa?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Would you take him back if he wanted to do his pennace and play for South Africa?
Not sure, he'd be a handy batsman no doubt, but what would he be like in the dressing room? Can imagine him and Smith lasting about 2 seconds, and I'd take Smith over him any day

Furball

Evil Scotsman
CSA would be idiots for taking him.

Sends the completely wrong message to young players who have come through the system and stayed loyal to South Africa in the face of economic pressure from England.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Plus he'd have to get his England tattoo removed..

Saying that, I'd have him over someone like Imraan Khan every day of the week

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Plus he'd have to get his England tattoo removed..

Saying that, I'd have him over someone like Imraan Khan every day of the week
Interesting, the tempt to have him in the team is undeniable, but the SA line-up is solid enough. Thats not even considering the changeroom politics. Don't worry about Smith, what about the likes of Prince, Ntini and co (bare in mind, I make this comment in reference to what KP has said about quotas).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any team in world cricket would take him. Any who say they wouldn't are lying.

That said, ****ty thing to say. @ KP; HTFU!

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Any team in world cricket would take him. Any who say they wouldn't are lying.

That said, ****ty thing to say. @ KP; HTFU!
In a wonderful world most teams would take him. Bare in mind, as already pointed out in the thread - culture/personality clashes.

fredfertang

I am sure that most of what KP and/or his agent say to the press is said with an eye to the number of volumes of autobiography that his publishing contract requires him to give his name to and when - its getting on for three years since the last one so I expect another one is due before Christmas

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The guy just sounds pretty stressed and lost in the havoc of the last six months.

He needs a holiday and a break before the Ashes. Not worthless one dayers in WI, IPL in SA, WI in England.

shivfan

Banned
KP reminds me of Lara....

Great player, but very selfish, and a deeply divisive character in the dressing room.

Definitely not a team player, IMHO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's vaguely disappointing, but not a surprise. It's not like he hasn't got form for having a whinge & a wee cry when the going gets slightly harder, is it?

That said I thought the way the ECB handled his sacking (which is what it effectively was) was awful. Publically humiliating your best player and then doing exactly what he wanted anyway is a very English way of ****ing things up.

pasag

RTDAS
Either the English players are more honest than everyone else or just can't take touring. Certainly don't seem like happy travellers. That said, like the Indians they do seem to be on a never ending cricket tour.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I think Pietersen is just a little more honest than most cricketers

Also, can't agree that he isn't a team player, if we're talking in terms of the way he plays anyway.

fredfertang

KP didn't come out with all this nonsense when Vaughan was around - perhaps there's a causal link