• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kevin Pietersen

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"At the moment, being part of the England squad is a pretty damn lonely place to be ... the only game we've won this winter was down to the fact the West Indies couldn't add up properly."
Kevin Pietersen reiterates the misery he currently feels as England's tour of the Caribbean draws to a close

Obviously before last night's win. Bit negative.

King Pietersen

International Captain
It's true though. I like it, it's refreshing. Certainly better than the ****e we have to put up with constantly from the rest of the camp. "There are positives to take from the game, we're just going to keep putting the work in at practise and hopefully results'll come our way". The same boring crap churned out time and time again, it's good to see someone speaking the truth.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah dont' buy that.

Be honest, but don't screw over your teammates by admitting that everything is ****. I reckon things weren't that great in the Aus rooms many times during their dominance. Didn't hear about it much unless there was a leak.

Also, he shouldn't come out calling Shiv selfish, that's a ****head thing to do, even if you think it, shut up. Otherwise you get owned and look like an idiot.

All that being said, I still love KP. As a non-English fan, I can watch him bat, enjoy it, and his off-field antics won't bother me that much.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think that Kevin is fundementally a decent guy, remember seeing him playing for Hampshire at Uxbridge, a small ground and he seemed very good natured and signed an awful lot of autographs with out any hint of superiority about him. Having said that the comments about Shiv really did bother me. May be a bit of an idiot at times and certainly speaks his mind but I dont think he is selfsih

Langeveldt

Soutie
"I will not be without her for 11 weeks ever again, we've decided that."
Kevin Pietersen on how much he missed his wife Jessica Taylor while he was in the Caribbean. In days of old cricketers were sometimes away for up to seven months on tours

Apr 1, 2009

Ok it sucks being on tour away from the family, but now he is being such a cry baby.. Think of how much money through playing for England, endorsements and the IPL Pietersen could make by the end of his career.. He is one of the few fortunate enough to have financial security for him and his wife for life because of a decade of cricket.. Should perhaps have a look at how fortunate he is instead of constantly bitching all the time

jondavluc

State Regular
My sympathies go out to Kevin Pietersen he really has a tough life.:dry:

What annoys me is he seems to think the public gives a **** .****ing hell he is in the West Indies playing cricket for a living most likely getting thousends of dollars.How he actually became a very decent batsmen is beyond me.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a fan of the "sports player has large salary, therefore has no right to miss wife" mentality. As if it's KP's "fault" he makes enough money for the ECB that they can justify giving him some of it.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
"

Apr 1, 2009

Ok it sucks being on tour away from the family, but now he is being such a cry baby.. Think of how much money through playing for England, endorsements and the IPL Pietersen could make by the end of his career.. He is one of the few fortunate enough to have financial security for him and his wife for life because of a decade of cricket.. Should perhaps have a look at how fortunate he is instead of constantly bitching all the time
Don't agree with that really, just because he obviously earns alot and has a rather fortunate career path shouldn't mean that he doesn't have thoughts and feelings like the rest of us.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not a fan of the "sports player has large salary, therefore has no right to miss wife" mentality. As if it's KP's "fault" he makes enough money for the ECB that they can justify giving him some of it.
Yeah, agree with this.

Scaly piscine

Langeveldt in KP hatred shocker.

As for the other stuff it's just the usual media bollocks exaggerating and twisting the slightest comment into a story so they can flog their ****e to the masses who'll busily lap it up.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Of course not but most people just don’t want to hear about it.

I haven’t seen my family in over nine months. Who gives a toss?

FBU

International Debutant
Got a link to show where he made the Robinho comment? His comments of late have been blown completely out of the water. He shouldn't have called Chanderpaul seflish, but I firmly believe that comment was said in jest, which is never easy to pick up when things are written down..
'Shiv Chanderpaul has been fantastic but one thing disappoints me about him,' says Pietersen. 'Every time he gets runs he never fields. There's always an injury or something. That has really got on my nerves here. It leads me to think he plays for himself.'

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course not but most people just don’t want to hear about it.

I haven’t seen my family in over nine months. Who gives a toss?
If people really didn't want to hear about it then newspapers wouldn't print it.

Can't say i'm especially bothered either way.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If people really didn't want to hear about it then newspapers wouldn't print it.

Can't say i'm especially bothered either way.
Newspapers just print such articles to generate the sort of reactions and outrage that Langeveldt exhibited. Criticising KP is currently flavour of the month.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The quote-unquote on cricinfo is really poignant today with the comments from KP next to McGrath.

I do think KP has a right to miss his wife, but I also hope he won't stop her following her career in future to follow him about.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why didn't his wife go with him, even for a few weeks?
Because she was appearing on Dancing on Ice.

Obviously she needs to prop up her flagging meeja profile, but surely she could've just gone down the Paris Hilton route and let a video of her & KP shagging go viral? Classier option than Dancing on Ice, tbh.

grecian

The bloke is an obnoxious ****. I really hate the talk that "without KP England would be crap", the fact is our results were better without him, he's a narcissistic fool and mercenary, terrible for team morale.