• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andy Caddick

Should Caddick call it a day?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, but only from International Cricket

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Caddick Down But Not Out

I don't think Caddick is likely to feature too much in England's future plans with the crop of bowling talent we currently have now.

I think he should retire before he knackers himself completely and then perhaps have a season if he's up to it of county cricket to see Somerset promoted.

I really hope the tests aren't horrendous news but if so then Somerset and England will lose a great pro.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yeah I can't see him getting back in for England now. I mean he'll be 35 next year and if we have Gough, Anderson, Johnson, Hoggard, Jones, Harmison (shudder), he's a little surplus to requirements.

I guess I'd say retire form international cricket and see how the R+R goes. If well, he could consider playing on for Somerset, one last hurrah and all that.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't quit just because if you aren't going to play for your country again it must be difficult to motivate yourself for anything less....

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well I saw just now on Ceefax that Caddick has claimed his England career is not over yet. He says he is still the best bowler in England and he aims to prove that in an England sweater.

Always was an arrogant so and so but fair play to him for not chucking the towel in. Goughie has made it - can Caddick? Guess it'll be some time before we find out...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hmm it will be sad to see him go, but im not that concerned, especially with Anderson and Gough doing nicely for england...

A last season for Somerset would be nice though

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd like to wish Andy Caddick all the best in his retirement from international cricket (take the hint, Andy) but I certainly think he's got 2 or 3 years of CC left inside him.