• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Batsmen- Neither One thing or the Other

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
With the current England mess I wanted to look at players that scored slowly and at a low average.

I set the criteria at av <32 and SR <80

If you are going to have a low average at least be explosive.

I used cricinfo's definition of current players and a 30 ODI requirement.

Hypothesis
The list wil be dominated by England players and Australia would not have a single entry

Results
Suprisingly, more players qualified than I expected.

SA and Aus not represented and 3 of the Kiwis have not played since 2007 and will be off the list soon.

Mohammad Hafeez
D Mongia
RG Sharma

CK Kapugedera
J Mubarak
LPC Silva
WU Tharanga

CD McMillan
HJH Marshall
MS Sinclair
L Vincent

RS Bopara
MJ Prior
OA Shah
MP Vaughan

MN Samuels

Amazingly, England managed to field 3 of the players in todays game (as well as others)

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Having just watched Prior's dismissal, I agree. Not a wicket keeper, not a batsman. Could be a good fielding coach though, because it was just like giving catching practice.

kingkallis

International Coach
With the current England mess I wanted to look at players that scored slowly and at a low average.

I set the criteria at av <32 and SR <80

If you are going to have a low average at least be explosive.

I used cricinfo's definition of current players and a 30 ODI requirement.

Hypothesis
The list wil be dominated by England players and Australia would not have a single entry

Results
Suprisingly, more players qualified than I expected.

SA and Aus not represented and 3 of the Kiwis have not played since 2007 and will be off the list soon.

Mohammad Hafeez
D Mongia
RG Sharma

CK Kapugedera
J Mubarak
LPC Silva
WU Tharanga

CD McMillan
HJH Marshall
MS Sinclair
L Vincent

RS Bopara
MJ Prior
OA Shah
MP Vaughan

MN Samuels

Amazingly, England managed to field 3 of the players in todays game (as well as others)
Very strange to see those Kiwi players there!

McMillan, Marshall and Vincent - all 3 are/were attacking players!