Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 139

Thread: Players that you hate XI

  1. #1
    International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Takasaki, Japan
    Posts
    4,499

    Players that you hate XI

    I want all of them to get out for a golden duck or to go for 100 off 10 overs.


    1. MacIntosh
    2. James Marshall
    3. Ponting (c)
    4. Hamish Marshall
    5. Clarke
    6. Symonds
    7. Haddin (wk)
    8. Watson
    9. Powell
    10. Harminson
    11. Panesar

    Not surprising to see a couple of NZ openers at the top.
    Last edited by Days of Grace; 26-03-2009 at 12:33 AM.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan


    Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

  2. #2
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,215
    Can't say I 'hate' any players. I hate when a few players are selected for NZ - Gareth Hopkins is one that springs to mind. Not because I have anything against the way he plays but just because it's such a massive handicap to the team.

    Wait sorry, yeah actually I hate Brad Haddin - just something about his face that screams smugness and arrogance. Not to mention the bowled-assist incident. I do want him to get out for a duck every innings and if possible to cop a ball or two to the teeth as well. Irrational? Maybe, but meh.
    Last edited by straw man; 25-03-2009 at 11:49 PM.

  3. #3
    State Regular jondavluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Westside of that big light blub thingy
    Posts
    943
    hmmmm.

    Virender Sehwag
    Gautam Gambhir
    Kevin Pietersen
    Sachin Tendulkar
    Vangipurappu Laxman
    Grant Elliott
    Mahendra Dhoni (k) (c)
    Harbhajan Singh
    Zaheer Khan
    Shoaib Akhtar
    Ishant Sharma
    Last edited by jondavluc; 26-03-2009 at 12:10 AM.

  4. #4
    International Vice-Captain bagapath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,967
    marvan attapattu
    john wright
    saleem malik
    greg ritchie
    shiv chanderpal
    andrew symonds (c)
    nayan mongia (wk) -------- would love to see this guy lose money in business and sell his house
    harbhajan singh (vc)
    manoj prbhakar
    shoaib akhthar
    sreeshanth

    coach: laxman sivaramakrishnan

    edit: brought in ritchie; had forgotten this piece of crap initially.
    Last edited by bagapath; 26-03-2009 at 12:31 AM.


  5. #5
    Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Nest
    Posts
    8,415
    Sehwag
    G.Smith
    Vaughn
    De Villiers
    Pietersen
    Watson (c)
    G.Jones
    H.Singh (vc)
    Sharma
    Murali
    Akthar
    Sreesanth
    Parmi

    Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

  6. #6
    International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,250
    1. Katich (can't stand this guy)
    2. Guptill
    3. Ponting (c)
    4. Raina/Uthappa/Yuvraj
    5. Clarke
    6. Bopara
    7. Haddin (wk)
    8. Maharoof
    9. Harbhajan
    10. Siddle
    11. Chucktar

  7. #7
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,387
    Some surprise picks here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  8. #8
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,527
    1. Chris Gayle
    2. Upul Tharanga
    3. Daniel Flynn
    4. David Warner
    5. Andrew Symonds
    6. Brendon McCullum
    7. Mahendra Dhoni
    8. Shahid Afridi
    9. Nathan Hauritz
    10. Steve Harmison
    11. Dilhara Fernando

    "Hate" is a strong word, but I always get some sort of twisted satisfaction when I see these blokes having poor games.
    ~ Cribbage ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  9. #9
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,387
    Thought Flynn would be right up your stonewall with technique alley?

    Or is it him keeping Skippy out of the team?

    symonds? Surely not?

  10. #10
    International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Takasaki, Japan
    Posts
    4,499
    Ah, yes, Shane ****ing Watson. I don't know why I missed him, when he should have been the first guy pencilled in.

  11. #11
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Thought Flynn would be right up your stonewall with technique alley?
    I don't mind watching him bat. Unlike the others he's not in there because I don't like the way he plays. I'm sure I'll learn to like him in time.

    I enjoy seeing him fail (which really sounds so cruel and petty, but it's the crux of it) because I thought he was such a terrible selection initially.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 26-03-2009 at 12:36 AM.

  12. #12
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I don't mind watching him bat. Unlike the others he's not in there because I don't like the way he plays. I'm sure I'll learn to like him in time.

    I enjoy seeing him fail (which really sounds so cruel and petty, but it's the crux of it) because I thought he was such a terrible selection initially.
    Haha, I remember. My head almost exploded when he and Marshall were selected ahead of Fulton and Hay.

    He's done well though, not proving to be a one season wonder. If anything he's getting better and better.

  13. #13
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,387
    McIntosh
    Strauss
    James Marshall
    Clarke
    Bell
    Watson
    Yuvraj
    Haddin
    Johnson (not because I think he's overrated, just annoying)
    Plunkett
    Martin

  14. #14
    gwo
    gwo is offline
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    308
    Why the Watson hate?

  15. #15
    International Vice-Captain bagapath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,967
    Quote Originally Posted by gwo View Post
    Why the Watson hate?
    i am surprised his parents haven't disowned him yet. he is among one of the most annoying personalities to play international cricket.

    but i find him merely annoying and it is different from hating. i sometime fantasize nayan mongia tapping my car window on a crowded road begging for alms with hungry eyes and in torn clothes and i shoo him away. that is hatred!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Come in, sit down, rant about your favourite players
    By Uppercut in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 08:26 AM
  2. Poor Youth Players?
    By Howsie in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-02-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. Pak ICL players initiate legal suit on PCB
    By HMas in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 06:02 AM
  4. Hottest Tennis Players II
    By Matt79 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •