• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players that you hate XI

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bell
Strauss
Ponting (c)
Ashraful
Sarwan
Kallis
Haddin (wk)
Harby
Harmison
Steyn
Anderson
Any reason for the Steyn-hate? and Sarwan for that matter, the others I can understand why some wouldn't like them

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Simon Katich
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke
David Warner
Andrew Symonds
Brad Haddin
Brad Hogg
Mitchell Johnson
Jason Krejza
Ben Hilfenhaus

Evermind

International Debutant
Clarke, Ponting, Watson, Harby, Haddin and Symonds are the most frequently voted ones. Some of my least favourites too!

bagapath

International Captain
:-OStrange choice tbh, John Wright's well regarded as one of the nicest & well-liked cricketers to play the game.

Anything to do with his coaching reign with India ?
no. he was a good coach and a very nice guy from all accounts. but he was a terribly boring bat. was slower than dravid, chanders, kallis and anyone else i can think of. would like to have him as the coach of all-time indian xi for sure. but dont want to see him bat. he killed me.

the rest of the team is a mix of a***holes and match fixers. only wright, attapattu and chaderpal are neither of these but horribly boring bats.

Zinzan

no. he was a good coach and a very nice guy from all accounts. but he was a terribly boring bat. was slower than dravid, chanders, kallis and anyone else i can think of. would like to have him as the coach of all-time indian xi for sure. but dont want to see him bat. he killed me.

the rest of the team is a mix of a***holes and match fixers. only wright, attapattu and chaderpal are neither of these but horribly boring bats.
Lol, he (Wright) really wasn't always that boring tbh, certainly not quite in the Tavare/Boycott class & I love watching Chanderpaul bat just quietly, agree with Attapattu though

King Pietersen

International Captain
Jason Gallian
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting
Yuvraj Singh
Younis Khan
Shane Watson
Chris Read
Harbhajan Singh
Daren Powell
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohammed Asif

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
lol@everyone hating Watson.

Sehwag (join MLB, ****)
Strauss* (get a helmet that doesn't look like a carboard box with air holes cut in it)
Hashim Amla (lol watch me wrists, wait, I'm allowed past 30?!)
Brad Hodge (no explanation needed)
Michael Clarke (c) (as above)
Andrew Flintoff (best bowler in the world who doesn't take wickets then gets injured again)
Brendan McCullum+ (needed a Kiwi and he's the most likely to jab you then throw you off a bridge for 20c)
Aaron Heal (I bowl left arm really slow and straight, pick me for tests)
Darren Powell (I'm racist, you see)
Zaheer Khan (would give his own grandmother a send-off after she made 100)
Dale Steyn (most punchable face in world cricket)

Flem274*

123/5
lol@everyone hating Watson.

Sehwag (join MLB, ****)
Strauss* (get a helmet that doesn't look like a carboard box with air holes cut in it)
Hashim Amla (lol watch me wrists, wait, I'm allowed past 30?!)
Brad Hodge (no explanation needed)
Michael Clarke (c) (as above)
Andrew Flintoff (best bowler in the world who doesn't take wickets then gets injured again)
Brendan McCullum+ (needed a Kiwi and he's the most likely to jab you then throw you off a bridge for 20c)
Aaron Heal (I bowl left arm really slow and straight, pick me for tests)
Darren Powell (I'm racist, you see)
Zaheer Khan (would give his own grandmother a send-off after she made 100)
Dale Steyn (most punchable face in world cricket)
:laugh:

Flem274*

123/5

If thats the criteria then they'll all be spitting they got picked ahead of Mark Richardson and Ravi Shastri.:laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Any reason for the Steyn-hate? and Sarwan for that matter, the others I can understand why some wouldn't like them
Think Steyns overrated (also he killed New Zealand :( ) and I just don't like Sarwan. Probably due to his dire dire captaincy which made me dislike the fellow. Certainly no Gayle or Chanderpaul anyway.

Athlai

Not Terrible

:laugh:

Zinzan

Think Steyns overrated (also he killed New Zealand :( ) and I just don't like Sarwan. Probably due to his dire dire captaincy which made me dislike the fellow. Certainly no Gayle or Chanderpaul anyway.
Fair enough, I suppose I'm not such a fan of Steyn either when he murders NZ , but against anyone else he's a champion in my books

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha Smith.

Obvs don't hate anyone ftr.

Graeme Smith (c)
Michael Vaughan
Hasham Amla
Jacques Kallis
Kevin Pietersen
Cameron White
Adam Crosswaithe (wk)
Johan Botha
Paul Harris
Harbhajan Singh
Muttiah Muralitharan

bagapath

International Captain
Lol, he (Wright) really wasn't always that boring tbh, certainly not quite in the Tavare/Boycott class & I love watching Chanderpaul bat just quietly, agree with Attapattu though
Scientific evidence proves Wright was slower than Sir Geoffrey himself. Check these stats out;

Snail: G Boycott (Eng) 108 193 23 8114 246* 47.72 20412+ 35.42* 22 42 10
Slug: JG Wright (NZ) 82 148 7 5334 185 37.82 14619+ 35.26* 12 23 7
Dead ****roach: CJ Tavare (ENG) 31 56 2 1755 149 32.50 5735 30.60 2 12 5 175 0

Compared to them the other two human tranquilizers mentioned by flem274* are lightning fast.

Leopard:
MH Richardson (NZ) 38 65 3 2776 145 44.77 7370 37.66 4 19 1
Cheetah:
RJ Shastri (India) 80 121 14 3830 206 35.79 7942+ 36.75* 11 12 9

Last edited: