• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kolkata to have multiple captains

Lambu

U19 Debutant
I have to say i do not understand the logic behind this..not against Ganguly not getting the captaincy though.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Can't see it working, regardless of what Ganguly says. Warne showed last year the importance of captaincy, particularly with so many games in such a short space of time.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Ganguly definitely doesn't like it. He was interviewed separately later, and he remarked that an extension of Buchanan's idea could be to employ multiple coaches instead of just one.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Cricinfo - Kolkata to have multiple captains

Buchanan will be run out of town if Ganguly starts making a scene. He needs to try this when someone a little less absorbed is in charge.

Very interesting that the reason given is 'focusing on batting', the same reason Greg Chappell gave, and we all know how that fiasco turned out.
I'm not so sure about this, TBH. Having different captains with different styles may affect how the charges react to them, leading to highly variable levels of success and a lot of inconsistency. If one captain doesn't get along with Buchanan, the consequences may be reminiscent of the Moores-Pietersen saga.

Then again, it's only 20/20 cricket.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganguly definitely doesn't like it. He was interviewed separately later, and he remarked that an extension of Buchanan's idea could be to employ multiple coaches instead of just one.
Buchanan is the same coach who once thought of making all the players in the Australian team he coached, bat and bowl, with both hands, and even bowl pace with one arm and spin with another! Wonder what happened to that; wish him luck with this.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
All the benefits of multiple captains fly out the window when the tournament is over such a short time.

Can understand it if you are wanting to alleviate the stresses involved over a long season, but not for IPL.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, yeah thats gold.

Can imagine Ganguly and Buchanan butting heads more than Warne and Buchanan did.
Nah, too much money at stake here, Gangs knows that he has a contract that runs for another 2 years, he will take the money and if the team didn't do well Coach is going to be responsible for the team's performance.

I personally see it as win win situation for Ganguly. This is not the Aussie coaching job, this is KOLKATA KnightRiders, Rest assured, Fans will speak after KKR performance. ;)