• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atul Sharma

Whats going on?

• Total voters

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Well, it isn't like RR to just throw money around. imo if they're paying him, they'll play him at some point of time this season. Someone mentioned theres one more practice game after this. Maybe that won't be televised and they'll try him then.
He's probably just bench strength at the moment, an investment for the future. Might see him in a couple of years. RR are playing some truly awful players in this match though, somehow they're being made to look good, I mean Amit Singh?!

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Surely someone who hasn't played for 7 years would be a total liability in the field?
Well if he's that much of an athlete he'd probably be pretty good apart from catching. I played a match along side Jonathan Edwards (the triple jumper) once, he was useless as a player but unbelievably fast in the field, this is post retirement too.

It's his batting and general bowling know how that I'd be worried about. Can't imagine that he'll be the smartest bowler, probably a one-trick pony. Also we've no idea as to how he handles pressure in matches. They should send him off to England to play 2nd XI county, if he can get a game that is.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gah, if he's been signed up, it'd be something to get first dibs on him so that he plays for them when he's ready. They wouldn't be signing him up to play him straight away, when even his coach seems to be indicating that he's not nearly a finished product.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Gah, if he's been signed up, it'd be something to get first dibs on him so that he plays for them when he's ready. They wouldn't be signing him up to play him straight away, when even his coach seems to be indicating that he's not nearly a finished product.
Maybe but you would think he gets a mention in this.

Cant be too many 100mph+, olympic standard athletes hanging out around the swimming pool for him to be overlooked.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Maybe but you would think he gets a mention in this.

Cant be too many 100mph+, olympic standard athletes hanging out around the swimming pool for him to be overlooked.
Is he actually over in SA?

Even if he is, I'd find it extremely unlikely that he's going to play, and even more unlikely that Warne would try and pump up his tyres when it's such a huge experiment.

I would have thought that they've got him on board for an IPL down the track, not this year's version.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not that i'm aware of..this latest Ian Pont interview reveals a few things..most important being Atul is currently in SA. I believe RR will trim their squad to 18 players by Wednesday. So we will know if he will be taking part by then.

PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum - PP Presents: An exclusive interview with Ian Pont about Indian pacer Atul Sharma
That interview seems more subdued than the earlier one. Im guessing this a later and different interview than the one we read a couple of weeks ago.

Seems to be less exaggerated claims.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
That interview seems more subdued than the earlier one. Im guessing this a later and different interview than the one we read a couple of weeks ago.

Seems to be less exaggerated claims.
You mean the one on ICF..both were conducted within a day of each other iirc. Also, i do not think he has backed out on any of his earlier claims..he still maintains that Atul's hand release speed can go as high as 105 mph..and tbh that is exactly what he said when he first revealed about Sharma 5 months ago.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
OK, so its about a 90mph average. That's very good and generally the fastest bowlers in the world have an average around that mark, so it's acceptable. Not earth shattering as we first thought.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Source? I have read a few times that the video will be released when he is announced in the squad.
Mani give me a couple of mins mate..have been going through a lot of websites..will have to search them again.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I thought Kamran Khan was from Pakistan till this evening. Turns out he is from Uttar Pradesh, India. Bowls 140+ with ease and has a simple bowling action from what I have seen and he is only 18 years old. Reminds me of RP Singh for some reason.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Kamran Khan is a different guy.
He too is a very promising bowler though. That yorker to Ontong was superb and he really looks like he can generate real heat. The impression given by the commentators was that he has an action which is difficult to pick up too.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He too is a very promising bowler though. That yorker to Ontong was superb and he really looks like he can generate real heat. The impression given by the commentators was that he has an action which is difficult to pick up too.
The action did'nt look like it made him strain. Was good to watch too.