• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paul Harris - The best SA spinner since readmission?

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
IMO yes. Probably the best straight spinner that SA has produced since readmission. Gets drift, bounce and always fools the batsmen when they play for his nonexistent turn.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably, yeah. He's kept on improving since the tour of England last summer, and seems to thrive on batsmen going after him- which is a fantastic trait to have in this era of frequent "hit the trundler out of the attack" tactics.

His action, demeanour and stupid haircut cunningly invokes disrespect from opposition batsmen and lures them into running down the track like bell-ends trying to hit the ball into oblivion.

Evermind

International Debutant
His action, demeanour and stupid haircut cunningly invokes disrespect from opposition batsmen and lures them into running down the track like bell-ends trying to hit the ball into oblivion.

Is there a single decent bowler in the world WITHOUT hyper-extension?

Shri

Mr. Glass
What about guys like Nicky Boje, Paul Adams and Pat Symcox. Paul Adams for me simply because of his action.:p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Like many others here, Harris has really grown on me.

Anyone notices how he jumps up in excitement everytime he bowls a semi-decent delivery. Sometimes this ball can go straight onto the batsman's bat, and go straight down to the ground, but he'll do a little hop with his arms up as if to say "oooh almost got ya"

Legend.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He doesn't. That's why it could land absolutely anywhere.

Nah, apparently he could even see the batsman charging him and adjust his length appropriately. Somehow.
Much like Adam Sandler's golf hits in Happy Gilmore? Read somewhere that he had the Mendis effect for a while during his debut season in international cricket. What if the batsman had a sightscreen problem when Adams is about to release the ball?

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Like many others here, Harris has really grown on me.

Anyone notices how he jumps up in excitement everytime he bowls a delivery. Sometimes this ball can go straight onto the batsman's bat, and go straight down to the ground, but he'll do a little hop with his arms up as if to say "oooh almost got ya"

Legend.
Fixed

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah I'd say he is.

He's actually quite underrated. He's quite decent and you look at his stats so far and they're not half bad.

It actually annoyed me last year when before the South Africans came over to England, the English press kept going about Steyn, Morkel, Ntini and then would say something like "They haven't got a spinner to speak off".

Julian87

State Captain

Is there a single decent bowler in the world WITHOUT hyper-extension?
Haha. I am a leggy, with hyper extension and have been told by a few coaches recently I should really give finger spin a dig, because I will be able to use it as an advantage.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Gogga before injuries and the sheer novelty run out was a very good bowler for South Africa and unlike Harris a constant threat and an attacking spinner.

In regard to Harro, he has just broken into the ICC’s top 10 test bowlers - some achievement especially after his troubles in India and England. Nice to see him also return to his ‘old’ action, the work with Richard Pybus (his franchise coach) seems to have paid off nicely and hopefully he can end the domestic season bowling in tandem with Tahir.

Cubancricket

Cricket Spectator
He is unusually tall for a spin bowler, must be 6ft 6in because he is as tall as the likes of Nel and Morne Morkel, so should probably try to use his height to good effect because he isn't a big spinner.