• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sporcle Cricket Quiz

Flametree

International 12th Man
This is great! Stats geek like me, heaven.

Got all 25 of the top run scorers though I probably needed about 30 names (kept putting modern players like Clarke, Sehwag, Pietersen and Younis in there...). And I admit I would never have picked Mark Waugh if it hadn't filled it in automatically when I went for his brother!

Only missed Roy Gilchrist and Rowan in the bowling lists, though again one was an accident. Mitchell Johnson slipped my mind completely for 2009, but I tried Ian Johnson for 1961 and got lucky! Only got Davidson in the last ten seconds...

Off to try CMJ's top 100 now. Don't you just love a quiet afternoon with the lad in front of a dvd...

Flametree

International 12th Man
That was chastening. 82/100. Missed out Hammond... and Lillee... oops.

On others, I am not in agreement with the learned CMJ. Pietersen at 60? WTF? Flintoff??

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
80/100 in CMJ

Should have paid more attention to the countries. Did not notice 'Zimbabwe'!

a massive zebra

International Captain
Have a go at this

Can you name the top 25 Test cricket run scorers of all-time? | Online Games & Trivia by Sporcle

WITHOUT CHEATING

And see how many you get. I missed out on one in the time available; bagging 24/25.

Not a bad site all in all either.
25/25 with 2.38 spare.

23/23 with 4.44 spare. Beat that! :)

Name the top test wicket takers for each calender year post-WWII

I got 51/64 which I thought wasn't bad. Missed one or two obvious guys but also got a couple of odd ones you wouldn't normally think of.
62/66 but would have been 63 with the inclusion of Venkat which I couldn't spell. Missed Rowan, Gilchrist and Higgs

Heres another one, top run scorers per year:
Can you name the top run scorers in Test cricket matches (since WWII)? - sporcle

Harder than the other three IMO, only got 44/63.
62/65. Missed McDonald, Redpath and Fletcher. Fluked Peter Richardson going for Richie Richardson though.

I'm a proper cricket stats geek. :mellow:

Last edited:

a massive zebra

International Captain

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Just discovered this, there's my day gone.

Got 25/25 on the top Test runscorers. Stats geek heaven, could have filled in the run aggregates myself, for any of the retired players at least.

64/65 for the top runscorers by year. Totally forgot Samaraweera - couldn't understand how I kept spelling Sangakkara, Jayawardene or Dilshan wrong. :ph34r:

Will give the others a try.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Since getting introduced to sporcle via this thread, I've been playing a lot of geography games on the site. It's addictive.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Just discovered this, there's my day gone.

Got 25/25 on the top Test runscorers. Stats geek heaven, could have filled in the run aggregates myself, for any of the retired players at least.

64/65 for the top runscorers by year. Totally forgot Samaraweera - couldn't understand how I kept spelling Sangakkara, Jayawardene or Dilshan wrong. :ph34r:

Will give the others a try.
25/25 for the triple centurions with 4:56 to spare.

62/66 for the top wicket takers by year - though I'll admit I only got Roy Gilchrist because of a post earlier in the thread. I missed Titmus, Higgs, Arnold and Prasad.

99/100 for the CMJ100. Thanks for ruining that perfect score for me Gilbert ****ing Jessop.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bump. Site is pretty addictive.

Taking the tests -

* Full marks for the "Top 27 run scorers of all time" and "batsman with triple tons" quizzes.
* 57/66 for "most wickets taken in a calendar year". Some weird ones, some ones however I shouldn't have missed.
* 59/65 for most runs scored. Would've been 60 but I couldn't spell one of the guy's names. A more obvious quiz, only one of the names I never heard of.
* 76/100 for the CMJ thing. Missed a few obvious ones, but there were some weird names on the list.
* 82/231 for the English quiz. Half of them I've never heard of, but there were a few obvious ones that flew over my head.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
They don't add enough cricket quizzes unfortunately. I play geography all the time.