• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Guptill can sometimes bogged down and not push 1s and 2s if he isn't hitting boundaries, so I reckon he should open to get more time with the field restrictions.
Watling would fit well into no. 3, sorta like when How used to play there.

Flem274*

123/5
Imo Williamson should bat higher than six if he plays. It's a pressure position. I'd rather number five. Pedantic maybe, but just my thoughts.

I'd like to see this side:

Ryder
Guptill/Watling
Watling/Guptill
Taylor
Elliott
Styris
Vettori
Hopkins
Mills
Southee or Tuffey
McKay

Won't happen though. We need to continue our obsessions with players like Patel and Hopkins, and Oram will get a run as well.

EDITed to include a wicketkeeper.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
:lol:

****ing McCullum not being there. Got me. Was so determined not to include Hoppy. :p

Watling could do the job. :p I'll edit the post.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Guptill can sometimes bogged down and not push 1s and 2s if he isn't hitting boundaries, so I reckon he should open to get more time with the field restrictions.
Watling would fit well into no. 3, sorta like when How used to play there.
Yeah, he can really kill us at times. I don't rate him at all at three tbh and would be very interested to know how his numbers stack up between one and three.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guppy opening: 348 @ 49.7 SR 88
Guppy @ 3: 574 @ 33.76 SR 81

Stellar at opening, serviceable at 3.

Though he has played harder teams @ 3 etc. etc.

Howsie

International Captain
Guppy opening: 348 @ 49.7 SR 88
Guppy @ 3: 574 @ 33.76 SR 81

Stellar at opening, serviceable at 3.

Though he has played harder teams @ 3 etc. etc.
Six innings against Australia, one against England and of course one against the Windies. Take out his innings against Bangladesh and that average at three drops to 30 with a strike rate of 75.

DingDong

State Captain
Six innings against Australia, one against England and of course one against the Windies. Take out his innings against Bangladesh and that average at three drops to 30 with a strike rate of 75.

still good considering how inexperienced he is howsie

Jezroy

State Captain
a bad series could scar him for life
Yep it could - but unfortunately with the likes of Sinclair, Fulton, Papps, Marshall, Ingram, How, Vincent etc etc having been tried, and not made it, this guy is the next best thing off the ranks.

Plus, what he has that the others don't is that he can bowl as well, therefore giving him (I think) a better chance to get a couple of bites at the cherry and establish himself.

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
I doubt a bad series would scar him for life. You have to be pretty bloody weak mentally if one failed series sets you back for the rest of your career.

Yeah, it could hamper him short term but the numbers he has put on the board can't go unnoticed.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Duck on debut :\ Unfortunate though, brilliant ball from Praveen.

Looking forward to seeing him next match, hope he gets a try in every game on this tour, especially with the WC coming round.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might actually do him some good in the long run. Far better than a false sense of security at this level, that's for sure.

Jezroy

State Captain
Might actually do him some good in the long run. Far better than a false sense of security at this level, that's for sure.
Agreed - I really think the guy is going to be stellar for us.

Plus - check out that ODI bowling average!:ph34r: