• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harbhajan vs MacGill

Who was the better spinner?

• Total voters
Ridiculously so in most cases.
Might be. But a spinner is a must for every self respecting team that tries to be No.1, especially in this era of flat and flatter wickets, that the quicks alone cannot be expected to do a full demolition job. Australia's decline since Warne is testimony to that fact.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never understood the knock against Harbhajan. It's as though perfection is expected from Test cricketers. All of the batsmen and all of the bowlers can't have perfect stats. If he's struggled away from home or struggled to take wickets at times, it's part and parcel of his career. And while he may not be the greatest spinner India's ever produced, I can't understand the calls to drop him.
Who called for him to be dropped? If it was me, take no notice, I probably did it in a one-eyed rant filled with man-love for Amit Mishra.

gwo

U19 Debutant
At his best, MacGill was the better bowler.

However at his worst, MacGill was the worse bowler.

Its an interesting one. Despite being one of the biggest dicks in cricket, Harbhajan is a little better than people on this forum give him credit for. But so is MacGill.

I'd say MacGill, simply because he played in less favourable conditions for more of his career (even including the fact he was often chosen specifically for Sydney).
qft.

Top_Cat

Largely with Jono on this one. When at his worst, MacGill was McGain-esque but at his best, it was slightly better than Harby. Harby a bit under-rated generally, though.

Uppercut

Largely with Jono on this one. When at his worst, MacGill was McGain-esque but at his best, it was slightly better than Harby. Harby a bit under-rated generally, though.
I'm not sure whether he's underrated or people just don't like saying anything good about such a ****. I think he's a quality player but would prefer not to speak nicely of him.