Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Smith

Tim

Graeme Smith

damn Graeme Smith is fast becoming my most hated sports player..he is constantly making controversial statements or whinging about something.

So far this week he's said that theres no way England will beat South Africa and now he's calling the schedule unfair..although he'll recall that in the VB Series last year S.A had the exact same problem with NZ and it worked to their advantage at the end so maybe he should just shut up & start winning some matches.

State Vice-Captain
    Totally agree... I can't believe this guy is captain

Pinball Champion!

Re: Graeme Smith

Originally posted by Tim
    he's said that theres no way England will beat South Africa
    Nothing wrong with that? If that came from Steve Waugh it would be called confidance...

Hes not that bad, SA have had a lot of bad luck, and he is entitled to a rant...

One thing that did annoy me is him having a go at a far more experienced player (Klusener), that was out of order, and he was put in his place...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I was surprised he became captain, but I can see why. Ever since the late Hansie Cronje lost his captaincy for match fixing which then cost him his life in a plane crash, there has always been a sort of "Hansie" arua or loyality to some of Cronje's former good mates and that was always affecting Shaun Pollock's captaincy.

So when South Africa failed to make the Super Sixes, Pollock was given the axe and Smith was given it to start a fresh and let Smith lead it his own way with out this "Hansie" feeling through out the team.

Smith never played under, against or even met Cronje, so he cant have that problem. I think it was a good move, although a bit early, he is used to captaining sides anyway at age group level.

Langeveldt, are you South African by any chance?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Pinball Champion!
    Originally posted by Craig
    Langeveldt, are you South African by any chance?

No im a brit, i used to live in SA

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Re: Re: Graeme Smith

Originally posted by Langeveldt
    Nothing wrong with that? If that came from Steve Waugh it would be called confidance...
    Waugh has the players to back it up.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Tim
    Does anyone really know for sure that Graeme Smith has total support from the other players?

He has it of Shaun Pollock, but yes he does.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Tim
    Does anyone really know for sure that Graeme Smith has total support from the other players?
    How can anyone know for sure? Only the players can say that for sure. Not even Smith can be sure....
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Hexxagon Champion!
    Maybe Graeme Smith is just trying to follow in the footsteps of Steve Waugh( off-pitch mental disintegration )....not a bad ploy to gain an early advantage over the opposition.....only that there are 2 flaws......the verbal diarrhoea should work.....and Steve built a strong team to back him up before he started mouthing off.....Graeme Smith 's team doesnt exactly inspire confidence that it can back him up.....:P
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Tim
    I'm not sure if my comment was misconstrued, but I meant that Waugh's players are the best in the World, hence he can say it.

Smith's aren't.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I'm missing Pollock.

I think South Africa have a very talented side - especially in ODI cricket. They bat right down to number nine and they have several players who can hit the ball and bowl a few overs. Think New Zealand only more powerful.

Just look at what Andrew Hall did on Saturday, Kallis and Gibbs are class plus Pollock, Boucher, Boje, etc can all bat. Van Jaarsveld seems a very talented player.

With the ball Pollock is truly world class and Ntini is getting there, Boje is a useful spinner, if Smith does a good job and fits the pieces together they can be much more than dangerous, even without Klusener.
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

"You do well to enjoy cricket, for it is more free from anything sordid, anything dishonourable, than any game in the world. To play it keenly, generously, self-sacricingly is a moral lesson in itself, and the classroom is God's air and sunshine. Foster it, my brothers, so that it may attract all who find the time to play it, protect it from anything that will sully it, so that it may grow in favour with all men."

- Lord Harris

It's a shame everything Lord Harris saw and hoped for no longer exists or has become..........

Pinball Champion!
    IMO, i think the present SA crop are excellent, especially as they have rotten administration and luck at the moment..

I agree with Bazza, i love the look of guys like Martin Van Jaarsveld and Jacques Rudolph, and there are a couple of great prospects waiting in the wings..

However the bowling looks a little bit thin...Pollock, Ntini and BojÚ are test class bowlers, but im concerned about guys like Hall and Dawson.. They are very good bowlers but i dont think we should be relying on them against the best teams...

Cant see SA losing the number 2 tag tho

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information