• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Smith

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
It is one thing to make comments, but you have to make it up.
Make it up?

No, it's true - all true, I tell you. He has the world's largest collection of used trainers and he breeds goldfish and goats (together).

That's not what you meant, is it?

Craig

World Traveller
Do remember I am a shoking spelling and at times my grammer do leaves something to be desired.

No I mean, it is one thing to make comments but you have to back it up.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry, Craig.

I agree wholeheartedly - it's the old thing about 'preaching from the top of the hill' (or from a position of strength).

At present, Graeme Smith has not given anyone any reason to take him seriously.

Fine player, undoubtedly. Fine captain? maybe one day. Fine diplomat? That may take a little longer, although if South Africa do take England to the cleaners this summer, some of his outbursts will be forgotten in some quarters.

Craig

World Traveller
Alright lets move on a bit from Smith. Apart from me, does anyone believe that Kallis should be more of a part-time bowler. He is too expensive for my likeing, but that shouldnt be a problem, his batting is worthy of any Test XI in the world.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Kallis is far better then any part-timer in the world, and a lot of full time bowlers. (take Harmison for example)

Craig

World Traveller
Because you dont know my system I go under that's why.

My guidelines:

Anything under 4 an over is outstanding, any thing between 4 and 4.50 runs per over is very good, anything over that is poor. I give or take if it is between 4.50 and 4.55.

You probably going to tell me that Richard Johnson's List A rpo of 4.80 is good (I dont know if you are from Somerset)?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kallis may be a bit expensive at times, but more often than not, he will take wickets. IMO he's the top allrounder in the world, not just because of his outstanding batting.

Craig

World Traveller
I am not saying Kallis is not a good bowler and certainly he is the only cricket still playing to bat at 3 and take the new ball. I think as his career goes on, he will contentare more on his batting and his bowling will drop in terms of overs and become a part-timer.

Perhaps I didnt quite explain myself. :saint: :

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he does start concentrating on his batting alone, it'll be a shame. A true loss to the game. IMO, he has an opportunity to become one of the all-time great allrounders, with 200-250 wickets and an average in the 50's.

Craig

World Traveller
He could if he started bowling spin like Sobers. But no, he is 27 or 28 and has another 5,7 years in him to get it. He already averages 50 with the bat.