Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sreesanth: where is he?

Sreesanth: where is he?

after the harbhajan slapping incident, it seems he's been on the outer?

I know that he wasn't really a constant in the ODI side, but he was a fairly consistent test performer, who played more often than not. If i'm not mistaken, he hasn't played a game since then? Have internal politics again led to a promising player being left out of the Indian team, or is there more to it?

School Boy/Girl Captain grant28's Avatar
    Hopefully he's where he belongs - playing Indian Domestic Cricket. Simply not good enough for International Cricket IMO.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    I'd say that's a bit harsh. His short record thus far isn't too shabby. He's young and could learn/be better.
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by grant28 View Post
    Hopefully he's where he belongs - playing Indian Domestic Cricket. Simply not good enough for International Cricket IMO.
    His series in South Africa was absolutely amazing. Some of the best fast bowling i've seen in years. He doesn't seem to have the intelligence to be a good ODI bowler, though at times he has bowled well. But at a test level, he has the capability to be a very very good bowler. He moves the ball well both in the air and off the pitch, has good pace and is a reasonable tailender to boot.

He has the talent and skills to make it at international test level, I have no doubt about that.

With the terrific seam position he has, his ability to swing the ball and ability to crank it to 140kp/h at times, he'll surely be back. Its a matter of time.

Just needs to get his head screwed on straight.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    With the terrific seam position he has, his ability to swing the ball and ability to crank it to 140kp/h at times, he'll surely be back. Its a matter of time.

Just needs to get his head screwed on straight.
    From memory, he was always in the 140's generally, and hit 150 on a few occasions

SreeSanth was the real loser in Slap-Gate. I am not willing to accept that suddenly his bowling declined so much that he doesn't even belong in the selection picture now.

I am happy that he is sent to where he belongs, he should not be selected until he learns to behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    SreeSanth was the real loser in Slap-Gate. I am not willing to accept that suddenly his bowling declined so much that he doesn't even belong in the selection picture now.

I am happy that he is sent to where he belongs, he should not be selected until he learns to behave.
    wow surprising to see this coming from you ..

couldn't agree more..

Banned

Actually it's Sreesanth and not SreeSanth.

And DWTA. The bloke has been plagued by injuries for a long time, and only recently played some First Class cricket since last year's IPL. Did a reasonably good job in those two matches, but thanks to the sudden deluge of talent in India's pace-pool, he has to really grind his way back into the team.

He will.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Was absolutely shocked to see Balaji back, thought they dumped him forever a few years ago but turns out that want to stick with mediocrity over bowlers with far more potential such as SS and Praveen Kumar
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    Was absolutely shocked to see Balaji back, thought they dumped him forever a few years ago but turns out that want to stick with mediocrity over bowlers with far more potential such as SS and Praveen Kumar
    Balaji is no bad bowler.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Used to have as bad a seam position as I had ever seen. Perhaps things have changed since then, but I very much doubt so.

Indeed, can't seem to string two matches together without getting injured and his performances fail to show any sort of impressiveness at all, in any format.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    I'd say that's a bit harsh. His short record thus far isn't too shabby. He's young and could learn/be better.
    He gets carted in ODIs and hasn't looked a potent Test force in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by deeps View Post
    From memory, he was always in the 140's generally, and hit 150on a few occasions
    Don't recall that. From what I remember...In Tests, he ranges from 130-140kph and in ODIs, it is up to 145kph in the new ball spell and usually at 135kph from then on, but the pace has slipped in ODIs recently due to injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    You say that, but Balaji has proved his fitness by bowling a lot of overs each game and playing a lot of consecutive games which Sreesanth has not done, neither has Kumar, this year. He also outbowled Kumar this season with the ball, bowling on some decidedly flat tracks.

I posted an article on Indian Cricket Fans, positing an amateurish (in both ability and the fact that I'm not a professional) analysis of Sreesanth's action.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    If India continue down the two seamer route in tests he's reliant on Zaheer or Ishant getting injured, because both are better bowlers from what I've seen.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

School Boy/Girl Captain grant28's Avatar
    Yeah, looking back on what I said that was harsh. I was in a bad mood and wrote that for some reason? Lol. I'd rank him India's 3rd/4th best pace bowler. Definitly better than Balaji!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information