• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sreesanth: where is he?

deeps

International 12th Man
after the harbhajan slapping incident, it seems he's been on the outer?

I know that he wasn't really a constant in the ODI side, but he was a fairly consistent test performer, who played more often than not. If i'm not mistaken, he hasn't played a game since then? Have internal politics again led to a promising player being left out of the Indian team, or is there more to it?

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hopefully he's where he belongs - playing Indian Domestic Cricket. Simply not good enough for International Cricket IMO.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say that's a bit harsh. His short record thus far isn't too shabby. He's young and could learn/be better.

deeps

International 12th Man
Hopefully he's where he belongs - playing Indian Domestic Cricket. Simply not good enough for International Cricket IMO.
His series in South Africa was absolutely amazing. Some of the best fast bowling i've seen in years. He doesn't seem to have the intelligence to be a good ODI bowler, though at times he has bowled well. But at a test level, he has the capability to be a very very good bowler. He moves the ball well both in the air and off the pitch, has good pace and is a reasonable tailender to boot.

He has the talent and skills to make it at international test level, I have no doubt about that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
With the terrific seam position he has, his ability to swing the ball and ability to crank it to 140kp/h at times, he'll surely be back. Its a matter of time.

Just needs to get his head screwed on straight.

deeps

International 12th Man
With the terrific seam position he has, his ability to swing the ball and ability to crank it to 140kp/h at times, he'll surely be back. Its a matter of time.

Just needs to get his head screwed on straight.
From memory, he was always in the 140's generally, and hit 150 on a few occasions

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
SreeSanth was the real loser in Slap-Gate. I am not willing to accept that suddenly his bowling declined so much that he doesn't even belong in the selection picture now.

I am happy that he is sent to where he belongs, he should not be selected until he learns to behave.

haroon510

International 12th Man
SreeSanth was the real loser in Slap-Gate. I am not willing to accept that suddenly his bowling declined so much that he doesn't even belong in the selection picture now.

I am happy that he is sent to where he belongs, he should not be selected until he learns to behave.
wow surprising to see this coming from you ..

couldn't agree more..

Precambrian

Banned

Actually it's Sreesanth and not SreeSanth.

And DWTA. The bloke has been plagued by injuries for a long time, and only recently played some First Class cricket since last year's IPL. Did a reasonably good job in those two matches, but thanks to the sudden deluge of talent in India's pace-pool, he has to really grind his way back into the team.

He will.

tooextracool

International Coach
Was absolutely shocked to see Balaji back, thought they dumped him forever a few years ago but turns out that want to stick with mediocrity over bowlers with far more potential such as SS and Praveen Kumar

tooextracool

International Coach
Used to have as bad a seam position as I had ever seen. Perhaps things have changed since then, but I very much doubt so.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, can't seem to string two matches together without getting injured and his performances fail to show any sort of impressiveness at all, in any format.

I'd say that's a bit harsh. His short record thus far isn't too shabby. He's young and could learn/be better.
He gets carted in ODIs and hasn't looked a potent Test force in a while.

From memory, he was always in the 140's generally, and hit 150on a few occasions
Don't recall that. From what I remember...In Tests, he ranges from 130-140kph and in ODIs, it is up to 145kph in the new ball spell and usually at 135kph from then on, but the pace has slipped in ODIs recently due to injuries.

Was absolutely shocked to see Balaji back, thought they dumped him forever a few years ago but turns out that want to stick with mediocrity over bowlers with far more potential such as SS and Praveen Kumar
You say that, but Balaji has proved his fitness by bowling a lot of overs each game and playing a lot of consecutive games which Sreesanth has not done, neither has Kumar, this year. He also outbowled Kumar this season with the ball, bowling on some decidedly flat tracks.

I posted an article on Indian Cricket Fans, positing an amateurish (in both ability and the fact that I'm not a professional) analysis of Sreesanth's action.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If India continue down the two seamer route in tests he's reliant on Zaheer or Ishant getting injured, because both are better bowlers from what I've seen.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, looking back on what I said that was harsh. I was in a bad mood and wrote that for some reason? Lol. I'd rank him India's 3rd/4th best pace bowler. Definitly better than Balaji!!!

adharcric

International Coach
Not surprised to see people that don't like him claiming that slap-gate has kept him out of the side ... well, he's been injured until very recently and hasn't regained form yet. On talent alone, he's India's third-best quick in test cricket and very much still in the picture.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've been one of Balaji's biggest detractors, but his previous FC season surely can't have been a fluke.

I'm far from saying he should be in the Indian test team, but I'd hardly call his return 'undeserved'. Maybe just surprising.

adharcric

International Coach
I've been one of Balaji's biggest detractors, but his previous FC season surely can't have been a fluke.

I'm far from saying he should be in the Indian test team, but I'd hardly call his return 'undeserved'. Maybe just surprising.
He certainly deserved the recall on the basis of his FC season, but people are more worried about his lack of pace and the chance that he'll be cannon fodder at this level. Gagandeep Singh was ridiculously prolific as a FC bowler, never got a call-up and everyone understood why after seeing him bowl in a few matches (in the IPL I think). I'm hoping Balaji doesn't disappoint but I would've taken Praveen Kumar over either him or Kulkarni.

Last edited: