• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you ran the BCCI and had unlimited power

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If I run the BCCI and had unlimited power, I would:

• All Test series minimum of four Tests long
  • Minimum of 15 Tests a year (with no ODIs, should be easier)
  • Implement a Test championship
  • Try to work out a regular five match series with CA every other year, on alternate years as the Ashes
  • If any pitch in India is not designed explicitly with a result in mind, that ground will immediately be delisted as Test ground for five years, and the state board in charge of the game fined. Not if the result is a draw, but if the pitch was designed so that only a draw was the likely solution.
  • Implement day-night Test matches
  • Work out a deal with the ICL (get all the banned players back and playing) - maybe by giving them a couple teams within the IPL, try to make a more inclusive Champions League, with New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies also sending their top teams. To be held in a different country every year on a rotating basis (obviously security concerns being satisfied).
  • All domestic cricket pitches should be good qualities, and each side is mandated to have the quality of coaches and trainers of quality comparable to county cricket
  • Have a similar mandate with domestic pitches, in that they must help the bowlers as much as batsmen, and especially more help for the faster bowlers
  • Make the duleep trophy the premier competition, with Ranji one level below it (players in the Duleep selected from the Ranji). Duleep Trophy should be longer and a roundrobin format similar to Australian domestic cricket, with four or five sides.
  • No player should be picked to the international team without a minimum of one season in the Duleep Trophy.
  • Performance in the new Duleep Trophy should be the only criteria for Test selection
  • Allow for two foreign players per side in the Duleep Trophy to increase the level of competition. Mandate each team also play one player under 25. Since the Duleep Trophy consists of Ranji Trophy stars, plus international Indian players, plus two foreign players, the idea is to create an extremely high level of competition, approaching that of Tests, and only those who prove themselves there make it to the Test team.
  • Barring injury, mandate that all Test stars play a certain number of Tests in the revamped Duleep competition
  • Stop all ODIs

My main sources of income would be international T20s and IPL. Ideally, I'd not have that too, but even in my dreams I realize I need money. :laugh:

This reign would last about 15 seconds, as there would be a riot. But I can dream.

What would you do?

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
I wouldnt be a complete ****wit, and would let cricketers play cricket at the highest level.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
the bcci already do have unlimited power

i do like the ideas though, but it's not going to happen

Last edited:

Rant0r

International 12th Man
i do like the idea of test players playing one or 2 state games, it just doesn't happen in australia anymore because they have to fly off for some pissant one day and t20 tournament that doesn't ****ing matter unless you're a bean counter, notice all the saffie test players are playing 'franchise' cricket this weekend, although they probably need it

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ideally, I would make the Duleep and Deodhar trophies and 4 day and 50 over versions of the IPL... Allow it to be played between the franchise teams, with whatever overseas players of their respective sides that are available and willing at that time, playing for them. Keep Jan-April for the T20, OD and FC versions of the IPL with the OD and T20 versions starting sometime in the 3rd week of March and finishing by April end. Try and create a window of break of international cricket around that time to facilitate most players to play in these events... Make the franchises pay about 10% of the players' fee to the players' home country board.. Scrap the champions league T20. Alternate the WC, Champions Trophy and T20 WC once every 3 years so that every year there is a major ICC event. Create a new FTP, excluding BD and Zim from it. All major nations to play each other either home or away in series with no less than 3 tests in it and not more than 5 ODIs and 3 T20s in it. Try and make sure teams get at least 1 FC game per tour to acclimitize. Take out the mickey mouse rules of the FC game and make it an actual 4 day match between two teams of 11 players... Give precedence to the ICC event over the home calendar during your season when it is your turn to host an ICC event. Try to settle out broadcast rights details with Zee and get rid of the ICL... Allow the best available teams to be selected for state sides and national sides. Allow month of May to be a "no cricket" month in India (cant play in THAT heat) and have Ranji FC and OD matches and even T20 games between states from June-December. Franchises can use the Ranji performances to sign the best players and the best players from the Duleep, Deodhar and IPL T20 matches can be selected for Indian sides...

I know most have to be done at ICC level but hey, if I am in charge of BCCI, it pretty much means I am in charge of ICC, right... :p

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm in no way a BCCI supporter and I'm continually frustrated with some of the things they get wrong but the BCCI get way too much stick from people here. After all apart from the ICL battle (which they are doing to protect their rightful hold as the premier cricket authority in India) what exactly have they done wrong?

They've done their best to stamp out corruption and weed out match fixing and have handed severe penalties to arguably some of the biggest and most influential names in Indian Cricket. They've created a market for cricket in India and continue to bring promote cricket to all different types of people in India.

They've abolished a lot of the regionalism and state biases that really ruined many Indian teams in the past. I've never seen an Indian team as diverse as this one. They are steadily increasing the infrastructure of a lot of the grounds and have been instrumental in establishing the NCA and other youth development initiatives.

The entire concept of the IPL whether you like it or not brings in a huge amount of money for Indian Cricket, helps develop young stars and gives them exposure to a world of cricket all at the same time providing your market audience with the product that they want.

I really don't think BCCI are deserving of such harsh criticism by a lot of people here. As an organisation they are a pretty good example of how to be successful in a country where poverty, corruption, regionalism and media sensationalism can really hamper any sort of progress.

I'm by no means playing favourites, but just asking you all to look at the other side of the picture as well.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Ensure that all home tours are held in the October-February period, or the other nations can just **** off.

Flem274*

123/5
The BCCI does lots of good things, but also alot of dumb things. Obviously shouldn't be abolished, but it would be nice if it could stop 95% of the dumb things.

BCCI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 than the PCB though.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm in no way a BCCI supporter and I'm continually frustrated with some of the things they get wrong but the BCCI get way too much stick from people here. After all apart from the ICL battle (which they are doing to protect their rightful hold as the premier cricket authority in India) what exactly have they done wrong?

They've done their best to stamp out corruption and weed out match fixing and have handed severe penalties to arguably some of the biggest and most influential names in Indian Cricket. They've created a market for cricket in India and continue to bring promote cricket to all different types of people in India.

They've abolished a lot of the regionalism and state biases that really ruined many Indian teams in the past. I've never seen an Indian team as diverse as this one. They are steadily increasing the infrastructure of a lot of the grounds and have been instrumental in establishing the NCA and other youth development initiatives.

The entire concept of the IPL whether you like it or not brings in a huge amount of money for Indian Cricket, helps develop young stars and gives them exposure to a world of cricket all at the same time providing your market audience with the product that they want.

I really don't think BCCI are deserving of such harsh criticism by a lot of people here. As an organisation they are a pretty good example of how to be successful in a country where poverty, corruption, regionalism and media sensationalism can really hamper any sort of progress.

I'm by no means playing favourites, but just asking you all to look at the other side of the picture as well.
You are completely obsessed with the BCCI and it is **** SS.
Yep these. No way is the obsessive hate proportionate to whatever "harm" they are actually doing to world cricket.