• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Future

Evermind

International Debutant
*Facepalm*

How old are you, 12?

"Pure Cricketer" what the hell does that mean?

I reckon a 20 year old opening batsmen scoring twin centuries in his debut series, against the best fast bowling attack is the world, is fairly "pure", or indicitive of talent.

Just because of the last test, Phil Hughes is now close to the best young cricketer in the world.

This is what our batting line-up will look like in the near future, when Watson returns.

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Watson
Haddin
Johnson

Our number nine, is now considered an all-rounder

That is the deepest batting lineup in world cricket, bar none.

Scared much?

We've just obliterated the second best test side 2-0 in their own country, with a relatively inexperienced bowling line-up.

Mitchell Johnson is getting better and better every test,

I know you Indians were hoping for a period of sustained success after the turnover of our greats, but it just isn't going to happen, the Australian domestic scene is far too strong to let that happen.

----> It was completely obvious that you were full of ****, when you mentioned Brett Lee "improving" our bowling lineup, he averages over 40 in England, and is close to the worst bowler to take over 300 test wickets.

I suppose you must be a fan of his bollywood singing.
Welcome to CW, Ian Healy.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
*Facepalm*

How old are you, 12?

"Pure Cricketer" what the hell does that mean?

I reckon a 20 year old opening batsmen scoring twin centuries in his debut series, against the best fast bowling attack is the world, is fairly "pure", or indicitive of talent.

Just because of the last test, Phil Hughes is now close to the best young cricketer in the world.

This is what our batting line-up will look like in the near future, when Watson returns.

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Watson
Haddin
Johnson

Our number nine, is now considered an all-rounder

That is the deepest batting lineup in world cricket, bar none.

Scared much?

We've just obliterated the second best test side 2-0 in their own country, with a relatively inexperienced bowling line-up.

Mitchell Johnson is getting better and better every test,

I know you Indians were hoping for a period of sustained success after the turnover of our greats, but it just isn't going to happen, the Australian domestic scene is far too strong to let that happen.

----> It was completely obvious that you were full of ****, when you mentioned Brett Lee "improving" our bowling lineup, he averages over 40 in England, and is close to the worst bowler to take over 300 test wickets.

I suppose you must be a fan of his bollywood singing
all very funny stuff, :)

Actually I'd expect that if Watson were to come back in he would take North's #6 spot, but that hardly changes your argument. An ever improving Johnson at eight (with handy tail to follow) makes Aus very very deep in batting and with 5 good bowling options.

Aus is not on the decline. Or atleast it can't be said to be on the decline yet (this would change if in 12 months time the team was unsettled and results poor) At the moment we are Transitional. Decline would be if we were unable to establish a settled side or if a new settled side starts losing most of the time. We must wait on this, however the evidence of a selection search has thrown up some cricketers that appear to be able to uphold Aus high standards for the foreseable future (Johnson, Siddle, Hughes). These high standards however may not produce the winning percentage of recent past until a decent young spinner emerges, as this is required to supply the winning edge in some circumstances.
i don't think they'll risk watson much again, maybe for the one dayers

and yes australia are in decline, they're a very good team, but you surely can't compare them to their team of 2,3 even 5 years ago

hayden hughes
langer katich
ponting ponting
martyn hussey
clarke clarke
katich north
gilchrist haddin
warne mcdonald
gillespie johnson
kasprowicz siddle
mcgrath hilfenhaus
12th Lee

throw in clark, lee when back from injury, maybe mcgain, even an in form symonds and i'd still back the first team