• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Come in, sit down, rant about your favourite players

Langeveldt

Soutie
For me, has to be Kevin Pietersen. That was obvious wasn't it? I love everything about him, his arrogance, his extrovert technique, the attacking intent, the innovative shots, the skunk hair cut, the ***y girlfriend. I admire him as a man as well. I own and have read his autobiography more than once and it's just a fantastic read. Considering he wrote the book in 2005 after The Ashes which was very early in his career, I'm surprised it's as good as it is. It just describes his life, from playing cricket at church with his brothers and some lads from another family, to being dropped for Natal with a guy coming in to fit the quota system, to his disputes with the prat Jason Gallian at Notts and then his description of the glorious Ashes series. I admire him immensely, he's one of the most exciting and most talented batsmen of the modern era, and will surely end his career as England's greatest player and possibly one of the all-time greats.
Haha, so you have my favourite person in the world in your avatar, and one of my least favourite as your username.. Interestingly enough both KP's..

The doctor said me nerves were too long for me body

King Pietersen

International Captain
Can't beat abit of KP, be it Pilkers or Pietersen.

I was at some night once, right. It was some night out and er, some people come running on stage. And some music started coming on. These four people came running out, it was two women, two blokes. It wasn't gay an' that. It was just a normal night -well, y'know, some party night out. These people come running on. You've got two women, you've got two blokes. They whip their knickers off. The fellas whip their undies off. All at the same time, like er, whatsit? Cheryl Baker was in it... Bucks Fizz. So that happened and all I'm saying is, right; before I had a look at the woman's bits, I just had a cheeky glance at the fellas' bits, just checkin' it out, checking everything's normal down there. Believe me, I had a look at the ladies' bits but I didn't know how long that pants were going to left off for.

Pilkington is god.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Can't beat abit of KP, be it Pilkers or Pietersen.

I was at some night once, right. It was some night out and er, some people come running on stage. And some music started coming on. These four people came running out, it was two women, two blokes. It wasn't gay an' that. It was just a normal night -well, y'know, some party night out. These people come running on. You've got two women, you've got two blokes. They whip their knickers off. The fellas whip their undies off. All at the same time, like er, whatsit? Cheryl Baker was in it... Bucks Fizz. So that happened and all I'm saying is, right; before I had a look at the woman's bits, I just had a cheeky glance at the fellas' bits, just checkin' it out, checking everything's normal down there. Believe me, I had a look at the ladies' bits but I didn't know how long that pants were going to left off for.

Pilkington is god.
"Thats why you never see an ill sloth.. Because it's always replemishing"

"It's like a bit of weird art"

"If it's a potato or a nut, its a foodage"

"She was your bog standard old woman"

"They aren't happy with Acorns any more.. They want a bit of croissant"

"A worm, living underground with no mouth, it's not going to be a good day out, is it"

"Whats the plate thats above a saucer but below a plate?"

"We're surrounded by water, so why are we eating nob?"

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
:ranting:Tendulkar:ranting:Lara:ranting:Murali
:ranting:Warne:ranting:Afridi:ranting:Shoaib
:ranting:Dhoni:ranting:Kallis
You really dont like this mob???

I can kinda understand Afridi (anoyingly stupid with decision making, but even that has comic value).

Most of the others are first rate cricketers though

mmm... thought now occurs to me that these are your favourite players and they are ranting.......confusion setting in, going for another drink.....

King Pietersen

International Captain
"What were those things in gremlins called?"

"Do we control our brains or do our brains control us?"

"if you just keep talking your mouth will eventually come out with stuff"

"Clive Warren and Rebecca De Mornay"

"Karl: "I've come up with a good idea....see through skin""

"They're 97% water, why not just giv em another 3% and make em just water ?"

"When i was younger i remember once i went to bed and i was so happy that i laughed myself to sleep..."

"There were this hairy Chinese kid..."

"You never see an old fella eating a Twix"

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
I wish to send messages of love and affection to the following:
:wub: :cheers: :wub:

Big Merv
Siddle of Moobs
Ravi Shastri (Bagopath your not alone)
Cairns the Younger
Laxman the Sweet
Azeem 2 Fingers
Viv the Indominable
Jumpin Jonty
Elise Perry
Laxman Sivaranakrisnan
Kumar the Nice
Curtly the Fearsome
Deano the mouth
and Warney the Magnificent

Love yus all 8-)

pasag

RTDAS
Johnson's batting is by far my favourite thing in world cricket at the moment, don't know what it is about it, just love it so much.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Going back through cricket history I greatly admire Keith Miller brillant big hitting batsman, fast bowler and fielder (I've only heard of him dropping one catch during his test career) as well as being a war hero, highly lucky, liking alcohol, dating a princess while married as well as having enough affairs to make Warne seem faithful in compatison.

Currently my favourite is Tim Southee due to his youthfulness, big hitting and his cousin being one of the most beautiful young women I know.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I just tend to put some random search criteria into statsguru and see who tops the list.

Boringly I basically love any England / Sussex player that's doing well. Of those who don't meet those requirements, it's got to be Kumar Sangakkara. A brilliant player to watch, an excellent writer and a cricket player with a brain.