• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should New Zealand play all its home games in Australia?

Should New Zealand play their home games in Australia?

• Total voters

Days of Grace

International Captain
New Zealand will probably never finish an ODI without rain interruption again. It is time to get serious and move all New Zealand matches to Australia. The Australian grounds are not being used and can be easily prepared.

It makes perfect sense. The Australian grounds also have greater capacity and thus will get biggest crowds and more revenue.

Like Pakistan, I can't see New Zealand being an attractive touring proposition for teams in the future. Like Pakistan, we may even see future teams cancelling their tours.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Australian grounds also have greater capacity and thus will get biggest crowds and more revenue.
Actually, when the Eden Park redevelopment finishes the MCG will be the only stadium in Australia that's bigger.

Also, didn't they cancel the Triangular series because no one went to the games that didn't involve Australia?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are more Kiwis in Bondi than back home anyway. Play 'em as beach cricket matches there, and they'll sell it out.

Seriously though, no.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Like Pakistan, I can't see New Zealand being an attractive touring proposition for teams in the future. Like Pakistan, we may even see future teams cancelling their tours.
Mind your tiara, drama queen. Seriously, there's one thing you can't control, and that's weather. We've had a bad run this summer, but big deal - that's life.

And it's particularly vulgar of you to compare rain to terrorist attacks - lost the plot much?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A roof would be a better option rather then playing a game in Aussie land.

Also GABBA, SCG, MCG would be off limits at this time of the year.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This coming from the guy who posted perhaps the most tasteless joke in the history of CW on the shootout thread.
:laugh:

Let's not get the reactions to that going again...they've died down. I won't comment any further because as soon as people see 'shootout' and then that laugh I've done above in the same post they'll inevitably explode.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Seems like a crazy, even stupid idea but then I realise just how many kiwis are in our fair land. Are there more kiwis living in Oz than NZ?

However it would make them the first Australian state to play home games interstate! :laugh:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Let's be serious for a moment:

How much does it cost to actually put a roof on a stadium like the caketin in Wellington? Would it cost in the millions?

I think NZ cricket needs to seriously consider this. Where to find the money is another question.

99*

International Debutant

How much does it cost to actually put a roof on a stadium like the caketin in Wellington? Would it cost in the millions?

I think NZ cricket needs to seriously consider this. Where to find the money is another question.
More than what Wellingtonians would be willing to spend.

Anyway, I don't mind the rain atm, so long as the tests are clear then it will be a good series imo.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Piss off, quite frankly.

It would be the death of NZ cricket quite frankly if games were relocated to Aus. And how ****ing stupid would it look for a couple of those relocated games to be rained off?

My word, maybe they should think about scheduling games in Summer rather than crowbarring games into March/April when the rain risk is a lot higher.

It didn't rain in Wellington at all for 6-7 weeks from late December to early February. Seriously Days of Grace, this is a terrible, terrible overreaction. Though I guess as you're not in NZ anyway, you wouldn't notice the difference.