• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket invented in Belgium....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Meh. The game was still popularised in Britain, even if the name may not have been created there. Doesn't really matter IMO - people were playing "throw and hit the ball" since caaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn days UIMM.

The fact remains that it was Britain where the game went from rudimentary to organised, and that's what counts.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They gave the world chips too. If we find out Churchill grew up in Bruge and dropped a "van" from his surname that's about it for English culture.

Steulen

International Regular
Special bite:

There was no place called Belgium in the 1500's, insteadc is was referred to as the Southern Netherlands. The region the article talks about is actually the border region between present day Belgium and The Netherlands; I was born there.

This basically makes me the direct descendant of the inventors of cricket.

BOW TO ME, SUCKERS

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Special bite:

There was no palce called Belgium in the 1500's, insteadc is was referred to as the Southern Netherlands. The region the article talks about is actually the border region between present day Belgium and The Netherlands; I was born there.

This basically makes me the direct descendant of the inventors of cricket.

BOW TO ME, SUCKERS
And just like England you boys really went on with it! :p

Craig

World Traveller
Every Belgian I have met treats me like I'm a long lost cousin, I love their beer, cycling, and now cricket, this is all perfect for me.

Screw going to Japan, I'm moving to my true Homeland.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh. The game was still popularised in Britain, even if the name may not have been created there. Doesn't really matter IMO - people were playing "throw and hit the ball" since caaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn days UIMM.

The fact remains that it was Britain where the game went from rudimentary to organised, and that's what counts.
Then why are you so **** at it? :ph34r:

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
so where are their hard hitting allrounders and mystery leg-spinners?

Invented one-day, forgotten the next.

too busy eating chocolate, counting the profits from fat-cat polititians and scanning the horizon for Germans.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
so where are their hard hitting allrounders and mystery leg-spinners?

Invented one-day, forgotten the next.

too busy eating chocolate, counting the profits from fat-cat polititians and scanning the horizon for Germans.
And colonizing vats chunks of Continent and trying to deny it :ranting: