• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your All-time Top 5's

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well let me remind you, when Hayden made runs againts SA in the 6 test of 2005/06. Ntini was at the peak of his career.
Even at the peak of his career Ntini was not always reliably a good bowler. There were times when he was, yes, but no more than that. Ntini has never been reliable.
Because EVERYBODY knows its garbage. You using it to base your arguments just devalues your point.
They don't though. Any number of people acknowledge some amount of merit in it.
Yea i was at the game. But it would be be unfair hindsight on mine & your part so say he wasn't himself coming off those successful 4 series. Since going into the first Ashes test everyone was still talking up how Gough/Caddick would do againts the aussies batsmen.
Yes, but with hindsight - which we can now use - we can look at how he bowled in that game (which was dreadfully) and say it was the beginning of the end.
Well off my head i know Vaas bowled to Hayden in 5 test in 2004. Hayden played him well, especially in SRI where the entire Australian team stepped up in every department to win their toughest series during the great era IMO.
As I say, I didn't see the series in SL in 2003/04 (saw both top-end games in Aus in 2004) so I can't comment on the particulars.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Sure, nobody knows you but you. 8-)

Ben, you're wasting your time. When Richard says Hussain > Hayden that should say enough about how rational he is.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
wfdu_ben91 seems to have registered over two years ago so probably doesn't need advice. In fact he's probably someone with several previous bans who registered that name for a rainy day.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, anyone who ever even played Test cricket is over rated.

Alfred Mynn FTW.
Ah, the modernist view. I prefer to take the longer perspective, and to look at the true pioneers of the game - not least Hercule Tintin, the legendary Belgian all-rounder from the mid-15th century

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Sure, nobody knows you but you. 8-)

Ben, you're wasting your time. When Richard says Hussain > Hayden that should say enough about how rational he is.
Yeah, I agree.

Richard claims that every bowler that Hayden made runs against was useless. Since 2000, Pollock averaged 24 & Ntini averaged 28 and yet Hayden averaged 49 in South Africa. This is the best demonstration that Hayden is a quality player of pace bowling. Yet, he falsely claims that the pitches Hayden batted on were flat, despite players that played in that match claiming it was difficult to bat on.

Whoops. Copied and pasted, and then changed the names. Very lazy :). The OP has Matthew Hayden as the best opener of all time, and someone other than McGrath as the best fast bowler.....
McGrath said that Hayden was the best Opening Batsman that he ever bowled to. :laugh:

Here are some examples of Hayden dismantling McGrath for ya...

Queensland v New South Wales at Brisbane, 4-7 Nov 1993
Queensland v New South Wales at Brisbane, 15-18 October 1997