• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An Apology to all Cricketing Community!

Bouncer

State Regular
As a Pakistani my apology to all cricket fans world wide.

I am so deeply ashamed that i can not even find words to describe my sorrow and grief for SL players and their families. It will be impossible for them to ever forget about what happened today.

To CW members and other cricket fans, i hope you can look at Pak cricket for team that provided you with memories, the same ones that Viv, richi, Brian Lara, Malcolm Marshall, Ambrose provided me for WI, Sachin, Azhar, Dravid and Anil provided me for India, Martin Crowe and Chris Cairns provided me for NZ, Gooch, Michael Atherton, Gough provided me for Eng, Donald, Jonty, Kallis provided me for SA, Chappell Brothers, Lillee, Mcdermot, Mark Waugh, Warne, Mcgrath provided me of AUS and the memories that D-Silva, Sanath, Mahanama and Murli provided me for SL.

My Heart prays that you do think of Pak the same way i think of other cricketing nations, but i do have a more than shadow of doubt. And Today i wouldnt blame anyone for that.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like I said in the other thread no need to apologise for thinking better of certain people in the world. We're all just as shattered for you guys tbh.

stephen

I think that most reasonable people know that the majority of Pakistan is not to blame for this tragedy. Only a select few groups who think it is their God-given (or Allah-given) right to inflict violence on others.

It is a real shame that Pakistan fans are going to be the ones that suffer through all they don't deserve it.

Let us hope that in the wake of such a tragedy we will see real, lasting change come about to rid the country of those who would seek to destroy rather than build.

Son Of Coco

I don't think you or Pakistan Cricket have anything to apologise for mate.

Edit: It's just a pity we don't get to watch Pakistan play more often because of what's happening up that way as they've produced some very good cricketers over the years.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think that most reasonable people know that the majority of Pakistan is not to blame for this tragedy. Only a select few groups who think it is their God-given (or Allah-given) right to inflict violence on others.

It is a real shame that Pakistan fans are going to be the ones that suffer through all they don't deserve it.

Let us hope that in the wake of such a tragedy we will see real, lasting change come about to rid the country of those who would seek to destroy rather than build.
Don't think its the Taliban type terroist attack, could be the work of opposition Party's work as Lahore is his major hub and the rivalary bw the opposition and the govt has escalated in the last week. Taliban type groups have never been strong in Lahore. Don't know still to early to say.

Last edited:

stephen

Don't think its the Taliban type terroist attack, could be the work of opposition Party's work as Lahore is his major hub and the rivalary bw the opposition and the govt has escalated in the last week. Taliban type group have never been strong in Lahore. Don't know still to early to say.
It doesn't matter who did it, it matters that it was done. Whatever their reasoning - political, religious or just out of sheer hatred - the perpetrators need to be brought to justice and condemned for their vile acts.

Xuhaib

International Coach
It doesn't matter who did it, it matters that it was done. Whatever their reasoning - political, religious or just out of sheer hatred - the perpetrators need to be brought to justice and condemned for their vile acts.
agreed.

Xuhaib

International Coach
14 months will be a very short time now, we dont deserve anything better. these guys were guests

biased indian

International Coach
Don't think its the Taliban type terroist attack, could be the work of opposition Party's work as Lahore is his major hub and the rivalary bw the opposition and the govt has escalated in the last week. Taliban type group have never been strong in Lahore. Don't know still to early to say.
interestingly just noticed in a website that SL team had asked for extra security due to the same reason

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The script looks like to be written by LTTE. May have hired Taliban terrorists to carry out this, and may have trained them as well.

Craig

World Traveller
You have nothing to apologise for Bouncer. Everybody in world cricket and sport is now poorer as a result.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
You have nothing to apologise for Bouncer. Everybody in world cricket and sport is now poorer as a result.
Don't agree this is an embarassment for every Pakistani.

Security should have been MUCH tighter. there were flaws, e.g. no bullet-proof glass windows, not enough police ******ing players' convoy, no police cordon set up around stadium.

Not the way to treat guests who had looked to help us when every one declined.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I only jsut found about this. Shocking. Bouncer, don't worry mate. I agree with everyone else.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Don't agree this is an embarassment for every Pakistani.

Security should have been MUCH tighter. there were flaws, e.g. no bullet-proof glass windows, not enough police ******ing players' convoy, no police cordon set up around stadium.

Not the way to treat guests who had looked to help us when every one declined.
Cant fix terrorism with security. That's what 1000s of years of efforts to stop insurgencies have taught us. Once you have people with the will and means to be terrorists, no amount of security guards or precautions will ever be foolproof. Only answer is to get the terrorists to lay down their weapons and wipe out those who won't.

pasag

RTDAS
Cant fix terrorism with security. That's what 1000s of years of efforts to stop insurgencies have taught us. Once you have people with the will and means to be terrorists, no amount of security guards or precautions will ever be foolproof. Only answer is to get the terrorists to lay down their weapons and wipe out those who won't.
Can't fix it, but you can take measures to stop a lot of it and save lives. In Israel almost all restaurants have security guards out the front, all shopping centres have metal detectors and a lot of busses in certain regions are bullet proof. Obviously as you say it doesn't stop it completely and obviously it's not the real solution, but it does help keep people alive.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can't fix it, but you can take measures to stop a lot of it and save lives. In Israel almost all restaurants have security guards out the front, all shopping centres have metal detectors and a lot of busses in certain regions are bullet proof. Obviously as you say it doesn't stop it completely and obviously it's not the real solution, but it does help keep people alive.
This is going to sound flippant, but I assure you I mean this with only compassion for most Israelis (and Palestinians), but, how would honestly say that approach has worked out for Israel?

pasag

RTDAS
This is going to sound flippant, but I assure you I mean this with only compassion for most Israelis (and Palestinians), but, how would honestly say that approach has worked out for Israel?
As I said, it's not the solution but it's saved many, many lives almost to the point that terrorist attacks are pretty rare and heaps are stopped pretty early in. I think it just reiterates Xuhaib's point that security should have been tighter, especially in these times.