• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar at Madame Tussauds

Xuhaib

International Coach
LONDON: Cricket maestro Sachin Tendulkar will be the latest sporting great to be featured at the internationally-renowned Madame Tussauds in
London when a new wax figure of the Mumbai-born batsman joins the A-list line-up in April.

Tendulkar follows in the famous footsteps of Bollywood greats Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan and will join other cricket legends Brain Lara and Shane Warne to become the very first Indian sports personality to be portrayed, the waxworks museum said in a statement on Friday.

The cricketing legend has already had a sitting with the Madame Tussauds studios team who last week travelled to Mumbai to capture a catalogue of reference photographs and hundreds of precise measurements.

The information they collected at the two hour session at the Taj Lands End Hotel will prove invaluable as the sculptors and hair and make up artists get to work on his figure.

"We are delighted to confirm our next Indian superstar is going to be Sachin Tendulkar; his achievements on the cricket pitch are phenomenal and he is one of the biggest names in international sport," says Liz Edwards, Madame Tussauds PR manager.

"The Bollywood stars we have included over the past ten years have proved enormously popular with Asian guests and film fans from all over the world. We know Sachin will be just as popular for sports fans from home and abroad and are looking forward to introducing the real Sachin to his wax double soon."

Tendulkar, the Mumbai Indians Captain will be featured in typical celebratory "on the pitch" pose after another century marked in the scorebook.

He will be dressed in his cricket whites which he has donated. The figure will be created at Madame Tussauds studios in West London at a cost of 150,000 pounds.

The cricket star will join the ranks of sporting greats, including David Beckham, Mohammed Ali, Tiger Woods and Jesse Owens, in Madame Tussauds interactive Sports Zone.

There will also be a cricketing challenge around the introduction of the figure, where guests can test their cricketing skills against the 'masterblaster'.
Sachin Tendulkar at Madame Tussauds*-*News*-*News*-*Cricket on Times of India

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great honor for a great cricketer. Only the fifth cricketer to have it, have always wondered why Bradman never had one made for him.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
definitely deserved it more than the Bollywood stars, IMO.

Would be nice to see the contemporary genius line up of Warney, Murali, Sachin and Lara over there....

archie mac

International Coach
I have never been there, but even more reason to go:cool:

Lets hope it does not suffer the same fate as the one of WG:-O

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lets hope it does not suffer the same fate as the one of WG:-O
What was the fate of WG? Was his statue removed? Some older statues are always replaced by new ones at Tussad's. WG should never have been removed if he was removed.

archie mac

International Coach
What was the fate of WG? Was his statue removed? Some older statues are always replaced by new ones at Tussad's. WG should never have been removed if he was removed.
It was removed but then lost, no one knows what happened to it:ph34r:

Could be a good lead in for a cricket fiction book:cool:

adharcric

International Coach
How the hell did Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan get in there? Even SRK is questionable but at least he's a genuine superstar.

Flem274*

123/5
Place sounds like a gentlemans club. Thought the thread would be all about some raunchy massage he got caught having.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
How the hell did Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan get in there? Even SRK is questionable but at least he's a genuine superstar.
well rai was miss world and one of the most good-looking women in the world....and salman khan is an (in)famous mass murderer who got away scot-free for his crimes, both have their claim to fame...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Whatever they feel will sell them sell more tickets at the entrance in that time and day.:sleep:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If I'm not mistaken, you're allowed to pose for pictures touching (euphemism for groping) the wax figures. Actors would obviously fit the bill more than cricketers.

bagapath

International Captain
i've worked with SRK and Ash. for his love for the game SRK deserves to be there. Abhishek loves cricket and has hundreds of anecdotes to share - he had introduced my wife to zaheer, yuvraj and bhajji before i had joined ash and abhishek for dinner one day. so ash is also alright to be there. no idea about salman though.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i've worked with SRK and Ash. for his love for the game SRK deserves to be there. Abhishek loves cricket and has hundreds of anecdotes to share - he had introduced my wife to zaheer, yuvraj and bhajji before i had joined ash and abhishek for dinner one day. so ash is also alright to be there. no idea about salman though.
are you in the acting industry?:)