• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Official" England A vs New Zealand A in New Zealand

Flem274*

123/5
Because I like A tours

NZ squad that was announced:

Jamie How (captain), Brent Arnel, Daniel Flynn, James Franklin, Peter Fulton, Chris Martin, Jeetan Patel, Aaron Redmond, Ewen Thompson, Kane Williamson, Reece Young.

So the likely NZ team batting line up will be:

Jamie How
Aaron Redmond
Daniel Flynn
Peter Fulton
Kane Williamson
James Franklin
Reece Young
Ewen Thompson
Jeetan Patel
Brent Arnel
Chris Martin

Not ab ad team, bar Young.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah... I thought he would've been at least 3rd behind Hopkins and McGlashan. And no Pinga either! Or Boult. Seems to be more a warm up game for some Black Caps before the Indian series, rather than a genuine A series

Polo23

International Debutant
That squad is for the second A game vs the Lions. The squad for the one that starts tomorrow is:

Jamie How, Brent Arnel, Trent Boult, James Franklin, Peter Ingram, Mitchell McClenaghan, Tim McIntosh, Bruce Martin, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock, Reece Young

So...my XI for tomorrows game would be:

Jamie How*
Tim McIntosh
Peter Ingram
BJ Watling
Kane Williamson
James Franklin
Luke Woodcock
Reece Young+
Mitchell McClenaghan
Brent Arnel
Trent Boult

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
England squad...

Key - Capt.
Batty
Mark Davies
Steven Davies - W/K
Denly
Joseph
Mahmood
Moore
Morgan
Patel
Plunkett
Scott - W/K
Trott
Wright

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Woodcock? Er, why?
Fills the :naughty: quota?

Fixtures (from CricketArchive)

1 - 4 March 2009
1st A 'Test': New Zealand A vs England A
Queenstown "Events Centre"

7 - 10 March 2009
2nd A 'Test': New Zealand A vs England A
Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln

13 March 2009
1st 50-over match: New Zealand A vs England A
Fitzherbert Park, Palmerston North

16 March 2009
2nd 50-over match: New Zealand A vs England A
Fitzherbert Park, Palmerston North

19 March 2009
Only 20-over match: New Zealand A vs England A
Pukekura Park, New Plymouth

Flem274*

123/5
Two matches in Palmy, excellent.

I'd say after the Lions loss to a couple of pie chuckers that NZ A should win, otherwise I'm calling a match between NZ A and the Emerging players team to check the whole thing wasn't a Lions prank.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jamie How (Y)
Aaron Redmond (N)
Daniel Flynn (N)
Peter Fulton (N)
Kane Williamson (Y)
James Franklin (Y)
Reece Young (Y)
Ewen Thompson (N)
Jeetan Patel (N)
Brent Arnel (Y)
Chris Martin (N)

Not ab ad team, bar Young.
Phlegm 6 hits, 5 misses

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Was really hoping Jimmy F would bowl well in these NZ A games and make a case for selection in the tests against India, but it's not happening here. Twenty overs and none for 86. I guess he'll get a couple more chances before the test squad is announced though.

Most impressive figures of the bowlers are Brent Arnel - 26 overs 2/55. That's out of the 400/4 the England Lions have put on so far.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
4 day.

Going by Englands batting against the Emerging Players side...this pitch must be FLAAAT.
Just warm-ups and the English top order is pretty good. Their bowling attack isn’t anything special but I see they have already got rid of test opener, McIntosh.