• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Pakistan XI

This is mine for tests

Saeed Anwar
Hanif Mohamed
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul haq
Imran Khan
Moin Khan
Wasim Akram
Abdul Qadir
Waqar Younis
Mushtaq Ahmed

for ODI's

Saeed Anwar
Aamer Sohail
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul haq
Imran Khan
Moin Khan
Abdul Razzaq
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Mushtaq
Waqar Younis

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Saeed Anwar
Hanif Mohamed
Younis Khan
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul haq
Mushtaq Muhammad
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
Abdul Qadir
Wasim Bari
Waqar Younis

Xuhaib

International Coach
for ODI's

Saeed Anwar
Shahid Afridi:ph34r:
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul haq
Imran Khan
Moin Khan
Abdul Razzaq
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Mushtaq
Waqar Younis

Matt79

Global Moderator
This has been done before, but my team has changed anyway so:
Anwar
Hanif Mohd.
Abbas
Miandad
Inzi
MoYo
Imran
Wasim Akram
Wasim Bari
Abdul Qadir
Waqar Younis

subshakerz

International Coach
This is mine for tests

Saeed Anwar
Hanif Mohamed
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul haq
Imran Khan
Moin Khan
Wasim Akram
Abdul Qadir
Waqar Younis
Mushtaq Ahmed
I agree except you need Rashid ahead of Moin (Rashid was a far better keeper than Moin and far better bat than Bari), and Fazal Mahmood ahead of Mushie, he was truly the first worldclass pace bowler to come from the subcontinent, and as a seamer, a nice foil to the out and out swing bowlers.

Xuhaib

International Coach
People choosing Zaheer Abbas are ******** its like choosing Laxman for All tine India XI.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I agree except you need Rashid ahead of Moin (Rashid was a far better keeper than Moin and far better bat than Bari), and Fazal Mahmood ahead of Mushie, he was truly the first worldclass pace bowler to come from the subcontinent, and as a seamer, a nice foil to the out and out swing bowlers.
Seema one batsman short. More importantly, I would not put Mushtaq in the side once another leg spinner is there in Qadir.

You can look at another spinner in Saqlain, Qasim, Naseem-ul-Ghani or, better still, an all rounder like Asif Iqbal maybe

Beleg

International Regular
Saeed
Hanif
Zaheer
Inzamam
Miandad
Majid
Imran
Moin
Wasim
Waqar
Shoaib

The above team will be competitive just about against anyone. Mebbe in a few year's time Majid'll be replaced by younis khan. as I have advocated previously, none of the pakistani spinners approach the quality of imran/wasim/waqar/shoaib/fazal and it's pointless including them for the sake of variety on the vast majority of wickets.

ODIs:

Saeed
Sohail
Inzy
MoYo
Miandad
Malik
Razzaq
Moin
Wasim
Saqlain
Waqar

or, on a deader pitch, replace Malik with Shoaib and shift everyone up one place. this team is as good as any, IMO - on paper.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Saeed

The above team will be competitive just about against anyone. Mebbe in a few year's time Majid'll be replaced by younis khan. as I have advocated previously, none of the pakistani spinners approach the quality of imran/wasim/waqar/shoaib/fazal and it's pointless including them for the sake of variety on the vast majority of wickets.
Agreed. I think I will make a change in my side and get Fazal for Qadir.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Off the top of my head:

Saeed Anwar
Hanif Mohammad
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Inzamam-Ul-Haq
Imran Khan *
Wasim Akram
Rashid Latif +
Abdul Qadir
Waqar Younis
Fazal Mahmood

I can see Younis overtaking Zaheer by the end of his career though.

archie mac

International Coach
I watched Matthew Elliot once he was sublime now lets get him in a Aus all-time side.
I watched ME a lot, was not in the class of Z, nor did he score 100 FC tons. I could watch him all day, and he would average a lot on these modern pitches. I would have in my all time Pakistan team every day of the week:cool:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Z is an interesting one. He was a beautiful batsman to watch - so wristy and graceful and effortless. He knew how to cash in heavily too, as can be seen by the fact that his rate of converting tons into 150s and 200s was very good indeed. He was a superlative performer in FC cricket and did well in Tests - against India he was particularly magnificent.

However, his reputation was somewhat tarnished by his fallibility against top class pace bowling. As has been noted on these pages previously, he was little more than a walking wicket for much of his career against the Windies, which cannot help but be held against him at least slightly.

archie mac

International Coach
Z is an interesting one. He was a beautiful batsman to watch - so wristy and graceful and effortless. He knew how to cash in heavily too, as can be seen by the fact that his rate of converting tons into 150s and 200s was very good indeed. He was a superlative performer in FC cricket and did well in Tests - against India he was particularly magnificent.

However, his reputation was somewhat tarnished by his fallibility against top class pace bowling. As has been noted on these pages previously, he was little more than a walking wicket for much of his career against the Windies, which cannot help but be held against him at least slightly.
Did he wear a full helmet when he was older against the WI? (I can't recall:wacko:)