• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey : The Fizz is gone?

Chubb

International Regular
I think in time to come Hussey's reputation will be like Eddie Paynter, in that he will have excellent career stats but people will always put him behind Ponting, Clarke, Hayden etc. in the pantheon of Australian batsmen. In terms of pure ability he should probably average high forties-low fifties, but he struck such a rich vein and kept it going so long he will probably surpass that. I think he's out of nick at the moment and there are scores around the corner for him- as others have said, he has a habit of alternating scintillating runs of form with mediocre ones.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
I think in time to come Hussey's reputation will be like Eddie Paynter, in that he will have excellent career stats but people will always put him behind Ponting, Clarke, Hayden etc. in the pantheon of Australian batsmen. In terms of pure ability he should probably average high forties-low fifties, but he struck such a rich vein and kept it going so long he will probably surpass that. I think he's out of nick at the moment and there are scores around the corner for him- as others have said, he has a habit of alternating scintillating runs of form with mediocre ones.
/
I think he will score about 450 runs in Ashes 09.
Hussey: first batsman to score a 100 at Sophia Gardens.
He'll score heavily again,just not in SA(here's hoping)

pup11

International Coach
I think lot of people are saying Hussey won't score as heavily he previously did, though its true he might not have a freakish average of 80 something, but he surely is a bloke who, I would back to hang his boots with a career test average in the region of low 50's.

Its not like Hussey has been having a shocking run, if you have a look at it, its only in the home series against South Africa and the first test in South Africa, where really he has been deprived of any runs, before that he was still was contributing pretty consistently.

Hussey is a very determined bloke, and it would be pretty surprising if he doesn't make a strong comeback, out of this recent bad run of form he has gotten himself into.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I've not seen much of Australia since Dave Hussey has come into the limited overs set-up, but I'm surprised you don't think he looks a potential Test player. He has a pretty impressive career record. What are his weaknesses?
Has a pretty impressive career record but he hasn't looked like anything above average at the international level any time I've seen him in ODIs.

I don't rate the guy at all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Australia seriously tour over here (in the Tests if not the ODIs, I presume that's 100% OOTQ) without Hussey (M) - absolutely regardless of who replaces him - I'll be thinking England's chances have been ramped-up, by whatever percentage.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think he had a good start and this kept him going for a while but now he is showing how he really is. I don't doubt though that his batting will pick up again.