• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Australian Domestic Season Thread 2009/2010

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not reading too much into the NSW total today, and the comeback of Clarke. That is a very average bowling line-up for Tasmania. Injury not kind to a state with limited resources. As useful a bowler Butterwoth is, he should not be leading a state bowling attack, and he should not end the day as your best bowler. Brad Haddin and Steve Smith may cause some serious damage tomorrow.
Agree, extremely average Tassie bowling attack. Probably some bettter ones in NSW grade cricket.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Agree, extremely average Tassie bowling attack. Probably some bettter ones in NSW grade cricket.
Considering Drew and Krejza dominated Sydney Grade cricket before they moved, I don't think so. That attack wasn't that bad, just lacked a 5th bowler.

Also is Marsh retired from OD cricket, seems a tad strange?

howardj

International Coach
Geez cricket is a psychological tormentor.

The questions/doubts/insecurities that young Hughes would have going through his mind tonight...

Cricket is a demanding mistress...

Top_Cat

Considering Drew and Krejza dominated Sydney Grade cricket before they moved, I don't think so. That attack wasn't that bad, just lacked a 5th bowler.
A bowling attack against whom Mick Clarke is striking above 50 should instantly be regarded as suspect. :ph34r:

Burgey

CA's website has ****ley playing this game for NSW, when I'd read Hazelwood was to make his debut. Can anyone confirm if it is ****ley who's got the nod?

Poor Hazelwood, he's been called the "next Glenn MCGrath" in some parts. Big all when he hasn't played a SS match yet.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Victoria playing a four man spin attack in the Futures match, including Andrew McDonald's younger brother Brenton, who bowls right arm leggies.

Riggins

International Captain
I just realised that the WA vs Vic game is being shown live...that just killed any study I was going to get done this arvo!

Simon

Good performance from Holland in the 2nd XI for the Vics, 4/40 off 22 overs on a road at Manuka is a top effort any time.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Has anyone seen Hastings bowl much? Hes getting results but how has he looked?
Havn't seen him bowl this season. Was looking very solid late last season, was bowling at a guess mid 130's, but one of those "heavy" bowler types. Good workhorse type bowler.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hastings is a big fella, who hits a really consistent length. Plenty of people see him and think that he's not special because he doesn't bowl "miracle" balls, but he just continually thumps the ball in the right areas.

iamdavid

International Debutant
CA's website has ****ley playing this game for NSW, when I'd read Hazelwood was to make his debut. Can anyone confirm if it is ****ley who's got the nod?

Poor Hazelwood, he's been called the "next Glenn MCGrath" in some parts. Big all when he hasn't played a SS match yet.
****ley's playing, apparently he only missed out on the FR Cup game because he had food poisoning. ****ley's been pretty disapointing since that FR Cup game against WA...I had high hopes for him this summer :unsure:

And I think "the next Jo Angel" would be more appropriate for Hazelwood, really reminded me of Jo watching him bowl on sunday.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Hastings is a big fella, who hits a really consistent length. Plenty of people see him and think that he's not special because he doesn't bowl "miracle" balls, but he just continually thumps the ball in the right areas.
Yeah something about his bowling just looks a bit underwhelming even though he gets the job done, I can imagine a few batsman at FC level underestimating him. I think it's because he dosen't have the most fluent, athletic action going around...just looks a little ungainly.