• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Australian Domestic Season Thread 2009/2010

redhotchilipepa

U19 Vice-Captain
SACA High Performance Manager, Jamie Cox, will tomorrow announce exciting news regarding international recruitment to the Redbacks KFC Twenty20 Big Bash squad for this season.

Who: SACA High Performance Manager, Jamie Cox

Where:Pizza Hut, Adelaide Oval (adjacent to the former bowling green)

Why: International recruitment for the Redbacks’ KFC Twenty20 Big Bash squad this season

When: Tuesday 27 October, 10.30am

Wonder who will be? We already have mendis...hopefully Flintoff that would be hectic. looking forward to seeing who it is.
Love that you're so in tune with all the Redbacks news!!

The Redbacks new recruit was announced about 20 mins ago at a press conference at Adelaide Oval. Story plus full audio of the announcement will be on the SACA website shortly.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Comets have Tassie 3/33 in their futures clash, Ben Oakley with a couple of wickets already. Was watching him bowl last week, is certaintly bowling quick at the moment.

redhotchilipepa

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes, it's pretty dire when your own CEO tells people that you don't have a website because he's too ashamed of it... haha thank god the old one was chucked, it was awful.

Thank you!! :wub: A fair bit of work went into it to get it up and it's a fair bit to maintain and fresh but totally worth it.

I'm hoping to get some footage of the presser up as well... I'm working with High Performance's old camera to take footage of the guys to analyse for coaching so it's one of the old ones with that uses tapes :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SA v Vic
Win: Victoria
Runs: Nick Jewell
Wickets: Dirk Nannes

Qld V Tas
Win: Qld
Runs: George Bailey
Wickets: Ben Cutting

Last edited:

DragonPunk

School Boy/Girl Captain
SS S.A. v Vic

Winner: Vic
Runs: Hodge
Wickets: McKay

FR QLD v Tas

Winner: Tas
Runs: Birt
Wickets: Geeves

brockley

International Captain
Moises called up for aussie one dayers,guarentees steve smith the no 6 spot in the blues side now,woo hoo 8-)

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Vics futures side picks aaron crawford, redbacks futures side picks victorian joel davies.
Hey Brockley, can you give me links to the sites where you finding out the squads for these future league matches? Or just the redbacks swuad will do. thanks mate

Love that you're so in tune with all the Redbacks news!!

The Redbacks new recruit was announced about 20 mins ago at a press conference at Adelaide Oval. Story plus full audio of the announcement will be on the SACA website shortly.

Haha yeah thats me. Im pretty passionate about them.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Moises called up for aussie one dayers,guarentees steve smith the no 6 spot in the blues side now,woo hoo 8-)
Haddin back so it likely he will play at 7. Personally reckon he would have made the side anyway batting at 8, ahead of Casson. It will be Lambert that comes in for Moises

SS: Jaques, Hughes, Katich (c), Thornley, Rohrer, Haddin (wk), Smith, Lambert, Clark, Cameron, Crockley

FRC: Jaques, Warner, Hughes, Haddin (wk), Katich (c), Rohrer, Smith, Casson, Bird, Clark, Cameron

Pretty weak bowling attack, maybe we will give Hazlewood a run ahead of Lambert and Casson, if he has a good bowling effect in 2nds.

Sylvester

State Captain
Haddin back so it likely he will play at 7. Personally reckon he would have made the side anyway batting at 8, ahead of Casson. It will be Lambert that comes in for Moises

SS: Jaques, Hughes, Katich (c), Thornley, Rohrer, Haddin (wk), Smith, Lambert, Clark, Cameron, Crockley

FRC: Jaques, Warner, Hughes, Haddin (wk), Katich (c), Rohrer, Smith, Casson, Bird, Clark, Cameron

Pretty weak bowling attack, maybe we will give Hazlewood a run ahead of Lambert and Casson, if he has a good bowling effect in 2nds.
I would expect Khawaja in the SS side, he started to fire towards the back end of the season.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
South Australian selectors have named a 12-man squad to take on the Victorian Bushrangers at Adelaide Oval on Friday.

The resting of bowlers Cleary and Duval (both with injury) present the only changes to the squad which squashed the Tasmanian Tigers in the first Shield match of the season.

West End Redbacks v the Victorian Bushrangers
Weet-Bix Sheffield Shield, 31 Oct – 2 Nov, Adelaide Oval
Manou, Graham (c)
Bailey, Cullen
Christian, Dan
Cooper, Tom
Cosgrove, Mark
George, Peter
Haberfield, Jake
Harris, Daniel
Klinger, Michael
O’Brien, Aaron
Smith, James
Wise, Allan

Out: Cleary, Mark (back injury), Duval, Chris (stomach injury)
In: Wise, Allan (note: squad reduced from 13 to 12)

Dissapointing that Cleary and Duval are still injured..we didn't need that to happen if we wanted to beat Victoria, it will be pretty hard to beat them now..but I reckon if the redbacks play good cricket that we can beat the vics.

Personally, I would look to play Cullen Bailey at the adelaide oval and he has been in good form, with the ball. Christian can bowl first change his bowling is good now and George will be opening the bowling with..tough to say..Haberfield or Wise?..either one really but I'm leaning towards Haberfield. Cosgrove can bowl abit and o'brien is doing well with his spinners.

The other option I suppose is to not play either Bailey or O'brien and let one that gets picked to do the spin bowling and both are good batsmen. ( bailey bats 3 for his grade team ) and go with both Haberfeild and Wise playing.

my team :p

1. Smith
2. Harris
3. Klinger
4. Cosgrove
5. Cooper
6. Manou
7. O'Brien
8. Christian
9. Bailey
10. Haberfield. ( or Wise ).
11. George.

Go the redbacks!, and George to dominate.

Riggins

International Captain
South Australian selectors have named a 12-man squad to take on the Victorian Bushrangers at Adelaide Oval on Friday.

Personally, I would look to play Cullen Bailey at the adelaide oval and he has been in good form, with the ball.

The other option I suppose is to not play either Bailey or O'brien and let one that gets picked to do the spin bowling and both are good batsmen. ( bailey bats 3 for his grade team ) and go with both Haberfeild and Wise playing.

my team :p

1. Smith
2. Harris
3. Klinger
4. Cosgrove
5. Cooper
6. Manou
7. O'Brien
8. Christian
9. Bailey
10. Haberfield. ( or Wise ).
11. George.

What is bailey's good form with the ball based off? Also the bolded part is not correct, bailey bats 5 in grade cricket.
Is 'your team' just the 12 man squad or am i missing something?

I think the redbacks can put up a good first innings score and take first innings points here.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This team is going to get killed by Vic. Just can't see any other result. Vic's batting is too strong and the bowling is just awesome and, worse, in-form. Unless SA bat first and put 500 on the board, Vic to win by 150 runs/8 wickets, SA's batting being sufficiently dour to avoid an innings loss.

To win, I think SA would need a big score from one of the more attacking players (Smith/Cosgrove) to force Vic on the defensive. Worst thing against a side with so many guns in it is to let them get into a groove and stay there.

With the ball, one of the bowlers will need to stand up and lead the way with a 5-fer, the others feeding off that bloke's energy. Without Cleary, I reckon Haberfield is the man. I think he's the best chance to get the nicks from Rogers and Hodge with the new nurry so hopefully he gets it. Need someone to get up the noses of the Vics because otherwise they'll just quietly and efficiently play SA out of the game then lay on the pressure with the ball. Time for some bold moves from SA because in this game, they're right up against it.

Tipping Bailey for 5/376 in Vic's second dig chasing 380 to win.

Last edited: