• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Australian Domestic Season Thread 2009/2010

howardj

International Coach
He can choose what state he wants now,doubt he will get an aussie contract this year.
He's (Warner) already been awarded a contract. There are two ways you can become contracted with CA: Fristly, when they announce the list of 25 players each offseason. Secondly, as soon as a non-contracted player plays x number of games for Australia, they are given a contract automatically (which is what has happened with Warner).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno if Cosgrove will move to QLD. Probably just saying that to up his price or something in S.A.
Yep, agreed. He might be in talks with other teams but, realistically, SA are the only team who'd play him in the first XI right now I reckon. If he was to move, other states would likely be far less forgiving when it comes to fitness and form. He'd need some lower-level runs before getting a go in the first XI and I dunno if he'd be up for that.

brockley

International Captain
Martin love has just retired from first class cricket,no 3 for a no 3.
Certainly cosgrove was linked with the QCA and mark sorrell was not happy about it.

iamdavid

International Debutant
If i were the vics i'd release blizzard he's hopeless.
Not that it's relevant at all but pretty sure Blizzard has the biggest set of guns in Australian cricket atm.....should spend less time in the gym and more with the bowling machine :ph34r:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I would be surprised if Warner left, even though he can't a FC spot. A lot might depend on what happens in IPL and how he finds Shipperd as a coach. Realistically he has as much chance of getting a FC spot in NSW, as anywhere else in Australia.

Victoria if anything has the best batting line up in Australia at full strength. There is a reason why Klinger left. His best chance of FC spot in during the ODIs, when he himself might be away with White and Dussey. At full strength I doubt he would make the Victorian side.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would be surprised if Warner left, even though he can't a FC spot. A lot might depend on what happens in IPL and how he finds Shipperd as a coach. Realistically he has as much chance of getting a FC spot in NSW, as anywhere else in Australia.

Victoria if anything has the best batting line up in Australia at full strength. There is a reason why Klinger left. His best chance of FC spot in during the ODIs, when he himself might be away with White and Dussey. At full strength I doubt he would make the Victorian side.
Has been the case his entire career, fighting Hodge for the middle-order spot. Has always been a gun player and now, given a regular go with SA, he's showing it. Would only really be in a position to challenge Quiney's spot, even now. Reckon if Roger hadn't moved, he might have been pushed up to open too.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain

Warner's move to possibly Victoria will also have to rely upon the friends he has down there. It is often the case that interstate moves come on the back of endorsement from mates.

He would need to have made an impression upon Cameron White and Dave Hussey in the recent ODI's. May also have some links with say Wade and Finch from his days in the U/19 WC squad.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
A Blizzard in form is a vital part of the Vics limited overs teams. I still cant believe how massive that 6 was in the 20/20 final last year. One of the cleanest strikers of the ball when going.

He's still young and has massive potential.
Might look back on that shot as being the worst thing that ever happened to him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Noble is that why victoiria has picked crossthwaite as a first class batsmen and wade as a one day batsmen.
Nah, it's because Wade is a better batsman than Hill, and Crosthwaite's outperformed the others in 2nd XI cricket playing as a pure bat.

brockley

International Captain
Will be interesting off season,NSW and victoria will be trying hard to keep all their players WA will be traying hard even to get 12 worthy contracts from their lot.
I guess vics will give blizzard the benefit of the doubt but a forgetable year don't think he even done anything in 2nd xl cricket.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Will be interesting off season,NSW and victoria will be trying hard to keep all their players WA will be traying hard even to get 12 worthy contracts from their lot.
I guess vics will give blizzard the benefit of the doubt but a forgetable year don't think he even done anything in 2nd xl cricket.
2nd XI scores of 25, 14, 34, 31, 15. Not exactly good form for Blizzard, selectors must still rate him as he captained each game.

Consistant year thus far for Richmond in Melbourne grade. 287 runs at 41 from 9 games. Will be interesting if the Vics give him another contract, will surely be his last chance.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
What happened to kumar sarnia.
He was a big prospect for victoria.He went to india and he has never been heard of again.
Is he dead.
I thought he would play for victoria for sure.
Sarnia surely a lot better than blizzard.
For WA they must sign mitch marsh to a full contract an allrounder wa don't have he has a great future,and still could be lost to afl.