• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Australian Domestic Season Thread 2009/2010

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is Jason Floras a genuine chance of getting some game time for QLD this season?

I can't really fathom how Dan Doran got a full contract either.

Tasmania have a quality squad.

brockley

International Captain
Michael deighton and mark divin cut by tasmania what did they do wrong,no trent kelly for wa.
I guess there are going to be some losers here.
maybe mark divin will go back to the ACT.

brockley

International Captain
Wonder who else missed out transfer pool becomes real interesting.
gather trent kelly playing in northern territory again could go back to sa.
jason floros could bat 6 for hopes i guess,with one dayers and stuff.

brockley

International Captain
ACT will be **** this year who is left,mark higgs :laugh:oh thats right under 23 cop he is too old :laugh:
We will call ACT the no names.

brockley

International Captain
Ryan Carters - ACT
Ed Cowan - NSW
Matthew Day - NSW
Adam Maher - NSW
Ashley Noffke - QLD
Aaron Nye - QLD
Chadd Sayers - SA
Dane Anderson - TAS
David Dawson - TAS
Michael Dighton - TAS
Mark Divin - TAS
Chris Duval - TAS
Adam Crosthwaite - VIC
Peter Dickson - VIC
Andrew Kent - VIC
Tim Ludeman - VIC
Arron Crawford - WA
Paul Davis - WA

Thought i'd repost this,some pretty good pick ups here.

brockley

International Captain
Deighton would be a good pick up for wa or qld,hopes will be missing for much of qld one dayers and 20/20.
Crossthwaite best chance WA,vs ronchi,can't believe he played for australia 8/9 months ago.:wacko:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Yes expecting Dighton to find a new home. Maybe has two to three years of possible cricket left in him at 33 years of age.

Good all-round value, holds his own in all three formats of the game. Expecting him to goto WA.

brockley

International Captain
Any nibbles from wa,or just a gut feeling,he may go there without a contract.
Would improve their one day side heaps.

Noble One

Any nibbles from wa,or just a gut feeling,he may go there without a contract.
Would improve their one day side heaps.
I would imagine he would still have many contacts within WA cricketing circles. Contract or no contract I would say Dighton is heading back to his cricketing roots in Western Australia.

Would be a perfect fit in the Western Australian sides. Batting depth was appalling last season, far too much reliance on the likes of Pomersbach, Voges and North.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ACT will be **** this year who is left,mark higgs :laugh:oh thats right under 23 cop he is too old :laugh:
We will call ACT the no names.
Considering ACT's team last season was practically under 23's we'll be fine. Losing Carters is a big loss and Floros who would have played this season too. There are replacements, Carter's back up keeper from the under 19's last few years Seb Blazczyk is a good player and could come in.

Problem is some of the guys like David Griffith, Nic Death, Adam Ritchard might be a year too old now.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just looking through the full list of rookies is good to see 7 former Canberra players get contracts (Croswaite, Floros, Irvine, Rogers, Carters, Sheridan and Behrendorf). Proves we have enough quality here to be a long term chance of a First Class side, wish we could get our act together off the field. Cause those guys combined with other former ACT players like Dawson, Divin, McNees, Swards, Higgs, Perera etc... could put together a reasonable squad.

Noble One

I thought Dighton was originally from Queensland. Well he was born there anyway.
Born in Queensland, not sure when he made the move to Western Australia. Played all of his junior cricket in WA, represented WA at the cricket academy, made his first class debut in WA.