• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Australian Domestic Season Thread 2009/2010

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
LOL no worries Brockley, thought you were being serious!

Yeah Khawaja is injured, I read yesterday that he fractured his thumb playing a club game. Andrew McDonald is also out injured in the Vic match.

QLD 4/170, nice little partnership between Carseldine and Hartley so far, disappointed for Boyce that he didn't get into the XI.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Superb from Copeland on debut. 3rd best first-up figures in NSW history
If he gets the last wicket tomorrow where would he rank? It's awesome when the best bowler in Grade Cricket steps up and produces the goods in Shield Cricket, it must give all the other good quicks hope.

Chris Swan is such an underrated batsman, he's a genuine bowling all rounder and should be batting ahead of Cutting, for sure.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Copeland has 7 and theres still 1 more to get, happy this guy is coaching my bro :p

West End Redbacks v Western Australian Warriors
Saturday 30 January 2010, Adelaide Oval
Cullen Bailey
Cameron Borgas
Daniel Christian
Tom Cooper
Michael Cranmer
Jake Haberfield
Daniel Harris
Michael Klinger
Tim Ludeman
Aaron O'Brien
Gary Putland
Shaun Tait

In: Tim Ludeman
Out: Graham Manou (knee injury)

Manou out with a knee injury for a while..not a huge loss he hasn't been batting well .Ludeman a good replacement.., Cossie still injured with his wrist problem but should be back next game they said. If Cranmer plays he should get a bowl.

Looks like there not picking Cleary for the one dayers, just leaving him for the sheild games like what they do with George. Good to see them giving young guys like Haberfield and Putland getting a decent go.

Good feeling about tommorow, reckon the redbacks will win.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I bet you there is another five bowlers like Copeland, that are top class grade bowlers, who are better then Lambert. FFS.

Also read an article in the Daily Terror about Warner being a shot to replace North in the Test side, cus he in such good form. The guy hasn't even scored a FC hundred. Whoever wrote the article should be shot.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Trent Copeland...8/92.

Second best figures on debut by a NSWelsher. First 5fer on debut for NSW since an average bowler named Glenn McGrath (what ever happened to this guy?). Second best figures thus far this season behind Peter George's 8/84.

Great stuff from the young man.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Far out Hastings can do it all.

2/38 off 16.

(Before Tasmania batting innings)
Shield:
6* matches
240 runs @ 80
19 wickets @ 21.73

ODD:
8 matches
131 runs @ 32.75
S/R: 103.96
15 wickets (1st overall) @ 26.40
E/R: 5.14

T20
7 matches
10 wickets (1st overall) @ 20.7
E/R: 7.39

howardj

International Coach
I know they've had heaps of injuries, but NSW should be commended for pitch-forking so many youngsters in the FC cauldron.

They're unearthing some beauties.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know they've had heaps of injuries, but NSW should be commended for pitch-forking so many youngsters in the FC cauldron.

They're unearthing some beauties.
Do agree with this. They've not been getting great results this season, but it's good to see them fielding such a young team.