• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter McGlashan - Drinks Duties on Tour: Tales of an Inexperienced 12th man

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
haha, James Franklyn....I think the other enigma from that list was Jarrod Englefield...very talented player, but hopelessly underperformed at domestic level.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha, James Franklyn....I think the other enigma from that list was Jarrod Englefield...very talented player, but hopelessly underperformed at domestic level.
he'll be turning dutch in a year or 2 max... haha :)

currently one of my coaches at my club in holland(played twice with him for the 1st XI)
indeed a very talented but also underated batsman

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
That's a great squad.

I remember thinking David Kelly was a really good player, but I see he ended up having pretty ordinary stats.
I ran out David Kelly in a Form 2 trial in Dunedin.

Unfortunately, I was batting with him at the time...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Peter just responded to everyone's comments so far :)

Have a read guys and feel free to contribute by the way of a comment.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Really good first-up column from McGlashan, hopefully he'll be writing regular blogs on CW - its great to see cricketers like Sinclair and McGlashan associated with the site too. :)