• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC Women's World Cup

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done England:)

Can't say I watched any of it, but glad we've won a World Cup in cricket of some sort:cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to the ladies. :cool: Puts our chaps' arseness into sharper contrast too.

Only game I saw was the defeat to Oz, in a belated attempt to jump on the bandwagon. Decided they were doing rather better without me watching after that. :ph34r:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Tournament XI and new player rankings.

I would never have imagined only one Aussie in the XI before the tournament started.

I'm glad to see Sarah Taylor move up to third in the batting rankings, I think she's awesome. Most of the English girls will have moved up. Probably the only one of our top players to have a not so good tournament was Isa Guha. It will be interesting to see how she comes back.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Tournament XI and new player rankings.

I would never have imagined only one Aussie in the XI before the tournament started.

I'm glad to see Sarah Taylor move up to third in the batting rankings, I think she's awesome. Most of the English girls will have moved up. Probably the only one of our top players to have a not so good tournament was Isa Guha. It will be interesting to see how she comes back.
She was still good for viweing :ph34r: good on the english.. And i want Isha's number :laugh:

redhotchilipepa

U19 Vice-Captain
Emma Sampson has retired at the age of 23!

She's been stated as saying that she wants to travel..... which is fair enough! Am very jealous...

However, I'm hoping that she hasn't made a hasty decision due to the dissapointing finish for the girls in the World Cup. As one of the fastest bowlers in International cricket, and a key member of the Scorpions squad in SA it'll be sad to see her retire.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was I hearing things, but did CricketWeb get a plug during the run-up to the final on Sky Sports? Apologies if someone's already answered this - I've been away for a couple of years.