• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is Pakistan's second best Test cricketer ever?

Who is Pakistan's second best Test cricketer ever?

• Abdul Qadir

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asif Iqbal

• Hanif Mohammad

• Inzamam Ul Haq

• Mohammad Yousuf

• Mushtaq Mohammad

• Saeed Anwar

• Zaheer Abbas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

haroon510

International 12th Man
i am assuming the first best one is Imran khan

the second comes down to three players.. wasim, inzi and Miandad.. very hard to choose but voted for wasim.. he acheived much more both inzi and Miandad..

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Wasim & Lara are the two most talented players I have seen and I feel both underachieved. With the names on the list I feel Younis needs to be an option aswell.
/
501*,400*,375,277 incl 9 double hundreds.almost 12000 test runs and 34 hundreds.
Lara that underachiever

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking through this thread, and others like it, a thought occurred to me - is there a more popular cricketer of the modern than Wasim Akram? He seems to be loved and hero-worshipped by people in virtually every country. I know growing up playing cricket in Australia he was invariably high up among the list of cricketing heroes with virtually everyone - I thought perhaps it was because in Australia we'd seen several of his most memorable performances, and yet the feeling toward him seems to be virtually universal.

Something_Fishy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Looking through this thread, and others like it, a thought occurred to me - is there a more popular cricketer of the modern than Wasim Akram? He seems to be loved and hero-worshipped by people in virtually every country. I know growing up playing cricket in Australia he was invariably high up among the list of cricketing heroes with virtually everyone - I thought perhaps it was because in Australia we'd seen several of his most memorable performances, and yet the feeling toward him seems to be virtually universal.
Tendulkar is, I'm sure. If we're talking about volume, anyway.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Tendulkar is, I'm sure. If we're talking about volume, anyway.
Yeah I thought as I wrote it that someone would say that - Tendulkar is certainly idolised by his own in a way that Akram (and anybody else) isn't. I just meant that it seems to me that the majority of cricket lovers from virtually every country has a real soft spot for Akram. We all have the most immense respect for Sachin and his achievements, and he's an ornament to the game...but you just want to be Wasim Akram.

Something_Fishy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah I thought as I wrote it that someone would say that - Tendulkar is certainly idolised by his own in a way that Akram (and anybody else) isn't. I just meant that it seems to me that the majority of cricket lovers from virtually every country has a real soft spot for Akram. We all have the most immense respect for Sachin and his achievements, and he's an ornament to the game...but you just want to be Wasim Akram.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Still think Imran Khan is even more universally loved, certainly back in the day, anyway.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Miandad's pretty underrated. But I went for Wasim because I think bowling more important than batting.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Have to say Wasim Akram, I think. Javed certainly has some amount of case, not just because of his phenomenal ability as a batsman but because of his inspirational qualities. Mind, as touched on by a few, Wasim certainly didn't lack in that respect either.

Incidentally, the idea that Imran Khan was lesser in any respect than Wasim Akram is laughable. Imran is as undoubted as Pakistan's best as Bradman is as Australia's and Grace is as England's.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Younis is much better then some of the names in the poll, he is definetley a top 10 imo.
Yeah he's a better batsman than Mohammad Yousuf or Asif Iqbal without trying. And very probably Saeed Anwar as well TBH, much as I loved him (and love Younis almost as much BTW). And probably Mushtaq if not Hanif Mohammed too.

The interesting thing about Zaheer Abbas is that some champion him as better than Javed, some say he was basically a flat-track bully and shouldn't even be in Pakistan's top five batsmen of them all. Strange. :wacko:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah he's a better batsman than Mohammad Yousuf or Asif Iqbal without trying. And very probably Saeed Anwar as well TBH, much as I loved him (and love Younis almost as much BTW). And probably Mushtaq if not Hanif Mohammed too.

The interesting thing about Zaheer Abbas is that some champion him as better than Javed, some say he was basically a flat-track bully and shouldn't even be in Pakistan's top five batsmen of them all. Strange. :wacko:
Zaheer and Qadir are the two most over rated Pakistani cricketers. The reason I think could be is they both largely dominated England and during the 70's and the 80's England had the best cricket press and journalism so you heard a lot more praise for these guys from the English writers then they actually deserved.