• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attention scorers

chasingthedon

International Regular
Some time ago I contacted the ECB to see if I could get copies of play-by-play data for matches (the dots, 1s 2s etc.), and was told no. I had previously tried my home county, Durham, and was told that they had been required to sign an agreement with the ECB to not supply them to the public.

I wondered if it was worth trying to get people together who score games themselves, and pool the information into a database for everyone who's interested in such things to access?

Seems unfair that those of us who want to can't get access to this info.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Aren't there independant companies that track stats which you could contact and get info from?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why would they say no?:huh:
Scores have been covered by very strict copyrights for 7-8 years now. The reason being that various rights need to be protected, absolutely, so that the ECB benefits from the sale of scores and stats to various people (mostly mobile-phone users). Seems absurd to some people the lengths that must be gone to, but there's no point doing three-quarters (or even 99\100ths) of a job.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
yet again an example of administrators going above and beyond when it comes to irritating the fans. Perhaps the ICC could come up with a new rating based on how much each board p---s off its fanbase