• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Miller v Kallis

Who's the better Test Cricketer

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh FFS. I'll settle this early to save 4.5 weeks of irrelevant and irrational dribble.

The square root of Kallis's pecker is apparently 7/8 of a millimetre longer than Miller's was when flaccid, thereby meaning, according to statsguru, that Kallis is more penetrative.

Of course, to counter-balance that argument, you have to take into account that Miller's strike rate, according to the statistics, was much better than Kallis' with the ladies, taking out of course his poor tour to England in 48 when he struggled against the swingers, meaning he couldn't really cope with top class opposition.

This despite several contemporaries rating Miller's efforts in the bedroom as good as any of all time.

But we discount that, because these stories are hero worship only and really don't reflect the lack of statistical domination on a warm afternoon in the WI in the mid-50s when apparently Keith was struggling to play "on the rise".

Of course, things are "easier" in the modern era, so we have to take a certain proportion of Kallis' otherwise excellent stats away to reflect this. There's no reason for that, we just do it because it suits our own argument.....

And of course, there's diversity involved here. Kallis has played in more countries, meaning Miller misses out there, because we can only assume he would have picked up as consistently well at those venues - we can't prove it,because there aren't the stats to back it up.

Besider, Miller's dead. His returns in later years were terrible - clearly a decline.

Blah Blah ****ing Blah.

And on it goes, backwards and forwards for as long as it takes everyone to realise that this argument is really no more than a few posters repeatedly playing with their OWN equipment.

Fin.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Hmm, was going to vote Kallis, but after that can't really see past statsguru.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually thought that was pretty clever inneundo.
Doesn't matter how good or bad it was, it'll be like a Shakespearean Sonnet compared to the crap we'll be reading in here in 6 weeks' time when the same **** is repeated post after post by people who just can't accept others don't agree with them, but keep going anyway.

Reading it is the literary equivalent of having a limb removed without anasthetic.

Newsflash fellas: they're opinions - they're like arseholes - everyone has one. If someone doesn't agree with yours, even after you've put forward an argument, how about we dont' just keep banging on with it time after time, post after post, eh? We just accept it, and we move on. Almost like, dare it be said, real people in the real world.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Newsflash fellas: they're opinions - they're like arseholes - everyone has one. If someone doesn't agree with yours, even after you've put forward an argument, how about we dont' just keep banging on with it time after time, post after post, eh? We just accept it, and we move on. Almost like, dare it be said, real people in the real world.

That's three times you've made that point today, and what's more that's despite the fact that no one has even put forward a counter argument..........

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Kallis had the hotter female companion. Besides, I'm not entirely sure which team Miller was batting for, given his publicly stated preference for taking Messerschmitts up his arse.

Not that theres anything wrong with it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dead-set weirdest thread for quite a while. Though I suppose it makes a change from "version #56S2B cricket team draft" that is so plaguing these parts currently.

pskov

International 12th Man
I'd rather have Miller in my team. A world-class opening bowler who can also bat in the top 6 or 7 is more valuable than a world-class batsman who can bowl first or second change.