• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst of Part Time bowling

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Me vs Greystanes 2004-2005 was pretty well the worst ever seen I think. Thank Christ it aint on YouTube.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought Dhoni was remarkably good for a wicketkeeper.

Alastair Cook too is actually a semi-capable bowler who bowled a decent bit in his first couple of seasons for Essex.

Mark Boucher and Ajay Ratra on the other hand...

Neil Fairbrother was pretty diabolical when I saw him bowl in 2001.

Owais Shah has to be the worst bowler I've ever seen of those who their captains apparently take their bowling seriously.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Cam White vs India.
Cam White=all rounder

Though, Keiron Pollard (the crap KP) is also supposed to be an allrounder but his bowling was DIRE in NZ in the last series - come to think of it so was his batting... why do we pick that guy again...?

_Ed_

Haha.

Lou Vincent v Australia was rather poor IIRC. Got the treatment.

thierry henry

International Coach
Haha.

Lou Vincent v Australia was rather poor IIRC. Got the treatment.
Harsh imo

iirc in the midst of an onslaught he came on and bowled either a maiden, or conceded 1 run, something like that. He was then given a second over which conceded 20 including 3 Mussey 6s :laugh:

Unlike some of the joke options brought up in this thread LV is a genuine part-timer though, bowls around 120kph and vaguely accurate

I recall MoYo bowling v NZ in 2000/01 when a test was meandering to a draw (I think) now he was dire, under 100kph and actually bowled a double-bouncer :laugh:

Simon

Remember Adam Gilchrist bowling 1.3 overs in the Prime Ministers XI vs the Windies a few years back. Came on after Dan Marsh stood on the ball and rolled his ankle so couldnt finish the over. First three balls were reasonable then got hit for a six in his next over by Darren Ganga.

bryce

International Regular
I remember seeing Stephen Fleming bowl(mid/late 90's I think) definately right arm slow

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shah's pretty execrable, although his figures in ODIs (econ aside) aren't that horrible. Insanely flattering for his skill level, in fact. I suppose it's partly due to the "if the bowler doesn't know where it's going to land, what chance does the batsman have?" effect.

Incidentally, does anyone know of any non-keepers with significant FC/List A careers who've never bowled a ball in anger? None spring to mind.