• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Longest ODI careers?

who has had the longest ODI careers? i can think of

currently

Jayasuriya : (20 years) 1989-2009

Sachin (20 years) 1989-2009

older players:

Javed Miandad (21 years) 1975-1996

Graham Gooch (19 years) 1976-1995

any one else who beats them?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Ultimately, it will be Tendulkar, Jayasuriya, Miandad, De Silva and Wasim.

I am failing to see any one lasting that long. Possibly Ponting and SHoaib Malik have a chance.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, makes no sense to me either. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Vettori would have a good chance of playing for close to 20 years IMO. Has already played for 12 years, is only 30 years old and is a spinner.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Thomas Odoyo. Has only ever missed like 2 ODIs that Kenya have ever played and he just turned 30.

Precambrian

Banned
Yah he played for USA later on in life at the 2004 champions trophy. Before that he was an average batsman for the west indies with a test hundread.
He was an excellent ODI batsman. Frontrunner of Sehwag imho. Still remember his first ball six off Javagal Srinath in a final. Absolutely tonked a good length delivery into long on. One of the flattest sixes I saw.