• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One unpicked player to play for your country

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
If tomorrow, you were given the chance to pick one player from another country, who hasn't made a Test, ODI or T20 debut yet, to play for your country, who would it be?

Might be Phil Hughes, for mine...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If he has to play now (i.e. you can't just poach him and then groom him to be a gun) then I'd probably go with Nannes to play for India.

I just don't know enough about uncapped players from other countries to choose.

masterblaster

International Captain
In Indian players, if we're talking test matches, then Subramaniam Badrinath.

From another country to play for India, then I'd have no idea. Maybe Dirk Nannes from Australia as he'd add variety to our attack. Other than that, I have no idea.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he's as good as he is in ICC, James Harris from Glamorgan. Insanely awesome.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha, Nannes will play the 20/20 WC for Holland surely!

wouldn't know, probably indeed a fast bowler...as most associates lack those!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can't wait till Dirk fills in some star player and puts him out for 3 months with a broken jaw.

Especially if it's a beamer.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, this is not what I signed up for!

Not much chance you'll play us so us Associates ought to stick together!
that is true, although th ECB has a huge crush on Scotland and Ireland and seemingly trying to work the Netherlands out of everything involved with cricket.:dry:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that is true, although th ECB has a huge crush on Scotland and Ireland and seemingly trying to work the Netherlands out of everything involved with cricket.:dry:
Yeah, if by "huge crush on" you mean "constantly steal our best players so that we'll never, ever have any chance of playing test cricket".

thierry henry

International Coach
Thierry Henry to pick Roneel Hira. You heard it here first.
I can't, it has to be someone from another country......

Actually tbh at first I thought it was someone from my own country, and my mind actually turned to Bruce Martin (for ODIs anyway.)

I certainly couldn't pick Roneel for tests lol