• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jumping the Shark Draft

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just a question WRT the draft order - can we get the order for the final three rounds before we pick in round 8, or do we only get one round ahead?

Also, With the last three rounds are our choices -

round 9
1 of ranks 31-11

round 10
1 of rest of 31-11

round 11
1 of top 10 plus unpicked guy from previous two rounds

or something else?

Matt79

Global Moderator
9 amd 10 are mirrors so you'll have both. you'll get 11 either before round 10, or after 10.

what you outlined above is correct, plus the option to pick a guy who was never banned at all, of course.

stephen

Can I suggest that 9 and 11 should be mirrors? As that's where the new talent will be.
AWTA. The tenth round is really the one that should be random. I mean if you get last pick in the first wave of worlds best players you really do deserve to get the Don. :laugh:

Remember, the last few rounds are about filling out team balance.

stephen

Ouch, Mr Wright and myself get a shocking draw for round 3 considering our position in round 2.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to making more picks :).

stephen

address all complaints to www(dot)random(dot)org
I trust that it's random, it doesn't stop it being a bitch though.

At least I got arguably Australia's third best quick in the first round (though Lindwall/Thompson/Miller must both be very close).

Matt79

Global Moderator
Was surprised Davo didn't get more nominations tbh - he is always taken quite early in drafts that he's available in.

Thought people did a pretty good job of nailing the players who were "unlucky" not be banned - Garner, Trueman, Davidson, Grimmett, et al - all quality.

stephen

Was surprised Davo didn't get more nominations tbh - he is always taken quite early in drafts that he's available in.

Thought people did a pretty good job of nailing the players who were "unlucky" not be banned - Garner, Trueman, Davidson, Grimmett, et al - all quality.
Yeah all of the above were on my shortlist for players who I thought would be "unlucky". Seems like I'm not the only one. :laugh:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm really surprised that Grimmett wasn't banned but Laker was.
same feelings here...I always felt that Murali, O'Reilly, Warne and Grimmett are way above the other spinners...probably a bit of ignorance about cricket history from some posters here...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
same feelings here...I always felt that Murali, O'Reilly, Warne and Grimmett are way above the other spinners...probably a bit of ignorance about cricket history from some posters here...
Or tactics to be honest [which backfired on me with my Laker selection].

Gutted that one of my 15 banned players S.Pollock did not get in the top 31 banned players..

I'm thinking about my Miandad selection a little more now after coming home on the piss and selecting him. I can so easily see him being banned.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Code:
Pick	Drafter			Selection	Accepted?
1.01	Chaminda_00		Joel Garner	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.02	Mr Wright		Shoaib Akhtar	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.03	99*			Shaun Pollock	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.04	Stephen			Alan Davidson	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.05	Somerset		Kevin Pietersen	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.06	Jamee			Fred Trueman	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.07	Julien87		Clarrie Grimmett[B]Accepted[/B]
1.08	Samuel Vimes		Geoffrey Boycott[B]Accepted[/B]