• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jumping the Shark Draft

Matt79

Global Moderator
Gotta go to bed now, so assuming Nufan doesn't mind, I'll work out the feedback for the people who've gone to date, and revised order now.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Code:
[B]Pick	Drafter	         Selection	Accepted?[/B]
1.01	 Chaminda_00	Joel Garner	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.02	 Mr Wright	Shoaib Akhtar	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.03	 99*	        Shaun Pollock	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.04	 Stephen	Alan Davidson	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.05	 Somerset	Kevin Pietersen	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.06	 Jamee	        Fred Trueman	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.07	 Julien87	C Grimmett	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.08	 Samuel Vimes	Geoff Boycott   [B]Accepted[/B]
1.09	 Michael7s	Ray Lindwall    [B][COLOR="Red"]Rejected[/COLOR][/B]
1.10	 Nufan		
1a.01   Michael7s (rd 1 - 2nd attempt)
Upcoming rounds:
Code:
2.01	Nufan		
2.02	Michael7s		
2.03	Samuel Vimes		
2.04	Julien87		
2.05	Jamee		
2.06	Somerset		
2.07	Stephen		
2.08	99*		
2.09	Mr Wright		
2.10	Chaminda_00		

3.01	Somerset		
3.02	Chaminda_00		
3.03	Nufan		
3.04	Michael7s		
3.05	99*		
3.06	Samuel Vimes		
3.07	Jamee		
3.08	Stephen		
3.09	Mr Wright		
3.10	Julien87

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Anyone got any helpful hints on how to paste in an Excel spreadsheet selection or Word table without losing the table alignment?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Anyone got any helpful hints on how to paste in an Excel spreadsheet selection or Word table without losing the table alignment?
Best bet is to write a formula to do output for you, I reckon.

Something like

=A1&REPT(" ",5-LEN(A1))&B1&REPT(" ",14-LEN(B1)) etc.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Anywhoo, all of you got your players for the first round bar poor Michael, who'll need to have a second go once Nufan's made his pick. Well done all, some very good players still selected.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I really think if you pick two banned players in a round you should be skipped until your next round and be made to catch up at the end of round 8 or even end of round 11.

I've ended up going for someone who I don't think will be banned, a brilliant player though in Jim Laker.

Not sure if I should pick my second player yet, although I'm at work now so i'll check frequently throughout the day.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've sent an email to Matt for my first selection for the second round if this gets updated when I'm not around later today.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Code:
Pick	Drafter			Selection	Accepted?
1.01	Chaminda_00		Joel Garner	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.02	Mr Wright		Shoaib Akhtar	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.03	99*			Shaun Pollock	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.04	Stephen			Alan Davidson	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.05	Somerset		Kevin Pietersen	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.06	Jamee			Fred Trueman	[B]Accepted[/B]
1.07	Julien87		Clarrie Grimmett[B]Accepted[/B]
1.08	Samuel Vimes		Geoffrey Boycott[B]Accepted[/B]
1.09	Michael7s		Ray Lindwall	[B][COLOR="Red"]Rejected[/COLOR][/B]
1.10	Nufan			Jim Laker	[COLOR="Red"][B]Rejected[/B][/COLOR]
1a.01	Michael7s (rd 1,2nd att)Richie Benaud	[B]Accepted[/B]
1a.02	Nufan (rd 1 - 2nd att)	Alec Bedser	[B]Accepted[/B]	

2.01	Nufan		
2.02	Michael7s		
2.03	Samuel Vimes
2.04	Julien87
2.05	Jamee
2.06	Somerset
2.07	Stephen
2.08	99*
2.09	Mr Wright
2.10	Chaminda_00

3.01	Somerset
3.02	Chaminda_00
3.03	Nufan
3.04	Michael7s
3.05	99*
3.06	Samuel Vimes
3.07	Jamee
3.08	Stephen
3.09	Mr Wright
3.10	Julien87
Nufan strikes out with Jim Laker, but Michael7s second attempt, Richie Benaud is accepted.

I've taken Nufan's emailed pick for 2.01 to be his second attempt at his round 1 pick on the basis that it's the next player he wanted. Sir Alec Bedser is accepted.

Nufan up for first pick of round 2.

Last edited:

99*

International Debutant
Can you tell us the total number of players banned? Or maybe the number of nominations a player needed to becomed banned?

Matt79

Global Moderator
31 players were banned. It was always going to be 3 rounds worth of players +1. All bar the top 10 will become available from round 9, with the final 10 also being available in round 11.

There was a tie with a number of players on the same number of nominations for the last couple of spots - I numbered them off, and then used the random number generator to select which ones out of the tied group were included.