• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jumping the Shark Draft

Matt79

Global Moderator
I don't mind updating the banned list to have 11/34 players on it, and you could join in as the last person to pick this round.

I'll leave it up to the guys already in.

If you are in, you are definitely the last one, anyone else will have to wait til the next draft.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's not really Cricket if Weldone selects Joel Garner now, or he doesn't select him because he's already been chosen.

BTW - I could be wrong but I think I selected Garner and Akhtar. :dry:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Would be annoyed if that extra player was why I missed out on Garner. Have no problem with someone else added. Just if their votes don't count.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't really like the idea of adding someone new after the game has already begun.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah same others probably wanted to play too, but figured that this has already started so they wont bother. Also if we do a SIM 11 isn't a good number, 10 is ideal..

I mean what kind of sports related contest would have 11 participants.. :dry:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I assure everyone that the persons who selected their first pick before I sent my top 15 players are not going to suffer because of me, though that happened unintentionally (I mean it was not intensional that I didn't select those players, I simply didn't believe that they were among the best 15 after WW I - if you believe me)...

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah same others probably wanted to play too, but figured that this has already started so they wont bother. Also if we do a SIM 11 isn't a good number, 10 is ideal..

I mean what kind of sports related contest would have 11 participants.. :dry:
To answer your first question, you probably missed my first post in this thread which I posted much ago, maybe after one or two teams mailed their top players to Matt...

To answer your second question, I feel sim is a very bad idea for something like this, because people can simply win by picking players with great stats...

And to answer your last question, hopefully 'jumping the shark draft'... :)

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Sorry weldone, we'll get you in the next one.

Guys I'm stuck at work, won't have a chance to do more than this post til approx midnight

Matt79

Global Moderator
Code:
1.01	Chaminda_00	Joel Garner
1.02	Mr Wright	Shoaib Akhtar
1.03	99*	        Shaun Pollock
1.04	Stephen	        Alan Davidson
1.05	Somerset	Kevin Pietersen
1.06	Jamee	        Fred Trueman
1.07	Julien87	
1.08	Samuel Vimes	
1.09	Michael7s