• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jumping the Shark Draft

Matt79

Global Moderator
As of now, you're the first person on the bench. Reckon if there are still people who haven't sent in their nominations by this time tomorrow night (which will make it 48hrs since I asked for them) they're out, and you're in. At the moment, it's only been 24hrs, which might be a bit stiff for some if I've caught the time difference badly for them, or they've just had a bad day in terms of not being able to get on.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Should say that if after all ten sets of nominations have been received, if we have players tied that result in them not lining up with the two categories of ban, I'll cast the deciding votes, just so we can move things along. Eg, if players ranked 1-7 are clear cut, but then we have 6 players all on the same amount of votes, I'll pick the three players out of those six who are included in the top 10, and if the top 27 players are clear cut, but then we have the next eight players tied up, I'll pick the ones out of those eight that take the last spots.

I'll only do this for players that are tied up after all ten drafters have made their noms.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Thanks Julien and Michael - that's everyone all aboard - will announce picking order for first round in as long as it takes me to rip up ten bits of paper and draw them from a hat.

Matt79

Global Moderator
And we're off - draft order for rounds 1-2 as below. Will post orders for 3 and 4 before we commence round 2. BTW, are people happy with the system described for notification of rejected picks?

Round 1
Chaminda_00
Mr Wright
99*
Stephen
Somerset
Jamee
Julien87
Samuel Vimes
Michael7s
Nufan

Round 2
Nufan
Michael7s
Samuel Vimes
Julien87
Jamee
Somerset
Stephen
99*
Mr Wright
Chaminda_00

Tharmi up now.

Matt79

Global Moderator
BTW, rather than me making casting votes on tied players straddling the ban cut-off point, I used a random number generator to select the required number of players from amongst the tied group to go in.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Code:
1.01	Chaminda_00	Garner
1.02	Mr Wright	
1.03	99*	
1.04	Stephen	
1.05	Somerset	
1.06	Jamee	
1.07	Julien87	
1.08	Samuel Vimes	
1.09	Michael7s	
1.10	Nufan	

2.01	Nufan	
2.02	Michael7s	
2.03	Samuel Vimes	
2.04	Julien87	
2.05	Jamee	
2.06	Somerset	
2.07	Stephen	
2.08	99*	
2.09	Mr Wright	
2.10	Chaminda_00

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
So presumably Garner was available then? Or do we have to wait until the end of round 1 before you'll announce that?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Have to wait til the end of the round... muhahahhaha! :evil:

But will list who's picked what as we go to avoid (more than the inevitable given how complex this is turning out until we get used to it) confusion.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hey please please please allow me to join in...I am sure the game will be as interesting with 11 drafters...Will send matt my list through mail...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BTW, rather than me making casting votes on tied players straddling the ban cut-off point, I used a random number generator to select the required number of players from amongst the tied group to go in.
Hey Matt, can you let us know the number of votes the highest person received?