• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jumping the Shark Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No, he isn't :-O. He wasn't even the best spinner in his own team. Not to say he was very far behind Chandrasekhar, but IMO people get taken in by the reports of his graceful action, loop and all that bluster about how he preferred to buy his wickets rather than peg back the batsman hoping to scalp him ( should've had the best SR if that were true. Chandrasekhar has better claims to adhering to that philosophy given his lower SR and higher ER).

IMO Kumble and Chandrasekhar tie for first spot. Kumble was God at home, while Chandrasekhar was better overseas. Besides, Chandrasekhar bowled with a polio stricken arm, all the more credit to him. From all reports, he couldn't keep his arm raised for anymore than the effort it took him to deliver the ball.

Greatest starting with B atleast. No fair enough I just like what I've heard about Bedi and no other Indian bowler has an average as good as his.

Named my Nana's dog Bedi too - probably not the best reason to pick a player I guess.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Matt could you just confirm how rounds 9-11 will work in terms of how players can be accepted? It might have an influence on how I make my pick in round 8.
Order for rounds 9 and 10 will be announced at the end of round 8. You still need to nominate and wait for players to be accepted, as only players ranked 11 to 31 become available then - if you pick a top ten player, he'll be rejected and you'll have to repick as per previous rounds.

Order for rnd 11 will be announced at the end of round 10. All players who played a test post WWI are available then.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Unless I'm very much mistaken, Tharmi was the last one to pick, so its Vimes, Somerset then Julien...

Julian87

State Captain
Denis Lindsay.

From memory, my team is:

Arthur Morris
Ian Chappell
Neil Harvey
Steve Waugh
Denis Lindsay (pending acceptance)
Wes Hall
Jeff Thompson
Clarrie Grimmett

Last edited:

99*

International Debutant
Will take Chris Cairns.

Needing an opener/middle order bat and two bowlers.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Code:
8.01	Michael7s	   Maurice Tate	        [B]Accepted[/B]
8.02	Nufan	           Bishan Bedi	        [B]Accepted[/B]
8.03	Stephen	           Shiv Chanderpaul	[B]Accepted[/B]
8.04	Chaminda	   Andy Flower	        [COLOR="Red"][B]Rejected[/B][/COLOR]
8.05	Samuel Vimes	   Bob Willis	        [B]Accepted[/B]
8.06	Somerset	   Barry Richards	[B][COLOR="Red"]Rejected[/COLOR][/B]
8.07	Julien87	   Denis Lindsay	[B]Accepted[/B]
8.08	99*	           Chris Cairns	        [B]Accepted[/B]
8.09	Mr Wright	   Bill Lawry	        [B]Accepted[/B]
8.10	Jamee	           Shane Warne	        [B][COLOR="Red"]Rejected[/COLOR][/B]
Tharmi, Somerset and Jamee to re-pick.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey Matt and everyone, I don't think I'm going to have any Internet access from Wednesday to Monday, please don't cut me from the comp!