• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jumping the Shark Draft

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm going to complete the trilogy of West Indian batsmen with a W in their name - Weekes, Worrell and

Sir Clyde Walcott

Team:

1-
2-
3-
4-
5- Walcott
6-
7- Healy
8- Davidson
9- Roberts
10-
11- Kumble

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
TBH never heard of him before now. Just read up on him. Sad ending to his life, but seemed like a very top notch player.
Faulkner was a top-notch all-rounder...Probably one of the best three alongwith Grace and Wilfred Rhodes before Miller came...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Border was one of my 15 players. Will be surprised if he gets accepted, but I have got a few wrong before too so you never know.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Border was one of my 15 players. Will be surprised if he gets accepted, but I have got a few wrong before too so you never know.
Should be accepted...I don't think anyone other than you has selected players on this tactics...And very rarely you'll find a person selecting Border among his top 15 players (top 30 maybe for some)...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure everyone on NUFAN list will get accepted, as no one thinks like NUFAN. We'll the rest of us have some cricket knowleagde, he has none. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pretty sure everyone on NUFAN list will get accepted, as no one thinks like NUFAN. We'll the rest of us have some cricket knowleagde, he has none. :p
I won a White Sheep once back in the day, some people must think like me :laugh:

Sangakarra, Dev etc have been rejected with me picking them by the way.

Julian this is the current order
5.06 Vimes
5.07 Julien87
5.08 Jamee
5.09 Michael7s
5.10 99*

Julian87

State Captain
From memory:

3 Ian Chappell (presuming he is accepted, and Greg was so it should definitely happen)
4 Neil Harvey
5 Steve Waugh
8 Wes Hall
9 Clarrie Grimmett

Didn't realise, but jam packed full of Australians. I suppose it is because of my interest in the history of Australian cricket and the personal opinions of peers which I respect. Both of my grandfathers and my father are/were huge cricket fans and I respect their opinion as much as most I have read. Harvey, Hall and Chappell were some of the cricketers that they speak very, very highly of. The fact my team is all Australian and one guy from the Windies just shows who and what guys from their era saw. With no or limited television, it was whoever played state cricket or test matches in your home city that you would see, if at all.

99*

International Debutant
Brian Lara

Doubt I'll get him (given I put him in my list) but I'll give it a go.