• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jumping the Shark Draft

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
It is my turn! Yay!
Time for an all-rounder, right?
Kapil Dev is my man.

Next up to pick is
Cricket Web's favourite Scandi,
Hakon! What a guy!

Last edited:

99*

International Debutant
Edward Paynter.

Already have too many Englishmen in the side. :dry:

Team:

1-
2- E. Paynter (pending acceptance)
3-
4- J. Kallis
5- K. Barrington
6-
7-
8-
9- S. Pollock
10-
11-

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My team

Team:

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7- Healy
8- Davidson
9- Roberts
10-
11- Kumble

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There are better batsmen that have gone through, only issue is that he is an opener, but Boycott missed the cut.
Yes that is the only issue and the most important one, and since Boycott missed the cut it shows there is more chance of Gavaskar missing the cut...Even if there are 3 openers in top 31 (which is very unlikely, it is going to be 4 at least), there is very high chance that Gavaskar hasn't missed the cut...

I am more than 100% sure that Gavaskar is there in the list, and I know so were you when you made that pick :)

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yes that is the only issue and the most important one, and since Boycott missed the cut it shows there is more chance of Gavaskar missing the cut...Even if there are 3 openers in top 31 (which is very unlikely, it is going to be 4 at least), there is very high chance that Gavaskar hasn't missed the cut...

I am more than 100% sure that Gavaskar is there in the list, and I know so were you when you made that pick :)
80/20 tbh. Reckon there is chance that only a couple openers where picked, or a couple modern openers got in ahead of him.

We will see, not too fussed if I miss him. Would be a bonus if I got him.