Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What penalty should be imposed upon West Indies cricket?

What penalty should be imposed upon West Indies cricket?

For the second time in recent memory, a test has been abandoned in the West Indies due to unfit playing conditions

This is an absolute disgrace!

Let's face it, hundreds of grade clubs around the world would be capable of producing test quality conditions given a bit of time yet the biggest charity case in world cricket cant produce a ground suitable for more than 10 balls play.

IMO, the basket case that is West Indies cricket should be placed under external administration with the feint hope that they can become capable of hosting major tours/tournaments and rescue their basically insolvent financial position.

End of rant!

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    the biggest charity case in world cricket
    I believe this would be Zimbabwe.

Banned
    Local groundsmen told the Board. Individual coaches sent letters to the match referee, who was sleeping.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    the feint hope
    I do hate it when people pretend to hope but don't really.

Anyway, yes, it'd be ideal if some semi-decent administrators could be put in charge of West Indies cricket. You'd think, though, if it was going to happen it'd have happened by now.

Just to remind everyone - the groundstaff at the VRS gave notice that the outfield would not be ready by February after they dug it up in November. They were ignored.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Tournaments Won: 1
    The fact is that the WICB have ruined all the good work that went on in Jamaica and it is just staggering that they couldn't take the time to get off their lazy asses to check the pitch... I know there West Indian, but come on there's a limit to the laziness... Also, an apology should be made to English fans and as far as I know I havn't heard one... the fact that they couldn't even tell those at the game that the test match was being abandoned is mind boggling -

Hopefully someone at the top should get fired, but I don't think it's a post that they'll be many applicants for... it's an extremely difficult job ATM, with the killer financial situation, and the need to get some more youngsters on board...

BTW didn't appreciate the charity case comment, that's pretty ridiclous tbh, yes this act was a disgrace but to call the Windies a charity case is ott and unfair...
    TRINIS

We run fast

We talk fast

We drive fast

...everything else we do slooooooow

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I do hate it when people pretend to hope but don't really.

Anyway, yes, it'd be ideal if some semi-decent administrators could be put in charge of West Indies cricket. You'd think, though, if it was going to happen it'd have happened by now.

Just to remind everyone - the groundstaff at the VRS gave notice that the outfield would not be ready by February after they dug it up in November. They were ignored.
    Yeah, and what was the match referree, Sir Alan Hurst doing even after seeing the direness of the ground? He ffs let the match proceed, a huge risk to the opening bowlers, who were lucky to come out of the ordeal with no grave career ending injuries.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I'm not sure if it's just the Referee who's to blame, but I was in agreeance completely with everyone who was saying "they should've tested the waters the day before the game". Running at full tilt as if to bowl on the run-up area isn't that much of an ask.

I don't know whether the fans'd have regarded it as better or worse for the game to be abandoned the day before before they'd even seen any evidence of it being tested-out.

Reading the comments section onthe story on Cricinfo, and one of them called for their resignations, I couldn't agree more.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    So is it off, or are they moving it to the Recreation Ground Heard talk that was an option.

If they don't move it, then a couple more days rain arpind the next Test, and the Windies will have a series win over England. To that extent, the fiasco will be worth it
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    So is it off, or are they moving it to the Recreation Ground Heard talk that was an option.

If they don't move it, then a couple more days rain arpind the next Test, and the Windies will have a series win over England. To that extent, the fiasco will be worth it
    There moving it to the ARG, first day will start on sunday all this including the pitch is just going to suit England perfectly... serves us right for being so lazy

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    Yeah, and what was the match referree, Sir Alan Hurst doing even after seeing the direness of the ground? He ffs let the match proceed, a huge risk to the opening bowlers, who were lucky to come out of the ordeal with no grave career ending injuries.
    It's not the match referee's remit to call off a match due to playing conditions, that is solely up to the umpires, even if the match has yet to start.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigga988 View Post
    The fact is that the WICB have ruined all the good work that went on in Jamaica and it is just staggering that they couldn't take the time to get off their lazy asses to check the pitch... I know there West Indian, but come on there's a limit to the laziness... Also, an apology should be made to English fans and as far as I know I havn't heard one... the fact that they couldn't even tell those at the game that the test match was being abandoned is mind boggling -

Hopefully someone at the top should get fired, but I don't think it's a post that they'll be many applicants for... it's an extremely difficult job ATM, with the killer financial situation, and the need to get some more youngsters on board...

BTW didn't appreciate the charity case comment, that's pretty ridiclous tbh, yes this act was a disgrace but to call the Windies a charity case is ott and unfair...
    WICB HQ being in Antigua as well and it's not a particularly large country.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Wouldn't mind the WICB being dissolved TBH.

Oh from my understanding the WICB has a cloak of immunity. Meaning it operates outside the jurisdiction of any Caribbean court. So if one was to file a lawsuit against them it'd probably have to be in an international court or something to that effect if that's possible at all. Accountable to no one they are except the ICC it seems. CA has to follow the Australian givernment guidelines set out for companies while the WICB follows its own. Itstl.

i blame the icc more-they should have known something is bound to happen in the windies after last time and hence should have monitered all the grounds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information